Leica M11 - your next camera? {MERGED}

Al Brown

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb derleicaman:

Dennis, you will definitely notice the weight difference between the black M11, and the M10. I certainly could feel the difference, and everyone I handed the camera noticed it as well.

So it is. You can put it another way: The Noctilux looses 130 g of its weight.

• Haha 2

"I found that I can't be honest and have a relationship with camera companies.... the M11 is the first M since the M8 that I have zero interest in acquiring... It's almost like we're getting Alien technology from somewhere (points left and up with open palm)..."
-- Steve H. in his M11 video here.

Edited by Al Brown

29 minutes ago, Tuempel86 said:

Good point about rolling shutter which I feel might be the crux of the m11. I understand the SL rolling shutter was 22ms. The SL2 16ms, with IBIS. The FpL (also 60mp no IBIS) @ 21.7ms. The Fp @ 20.8, which I have I also experienced rolling shutter at times.

So if I'm hoping the M11 would need to be sub 20ms at least to not disappoint Leica users. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by cboy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 11 Stunden schrieb hdmesa:

Some good ways to think about the M11 sensor:

• A crop version of the GFX 100/100S sensor (as is the A7R4)
  • An A7R4 sensor with a 3rd party thin cover glass modification done to it + having the microlenses optimized for M glass, which no 3rd party offers

SL2-S ISO 12500 and ISO 25000 comparisons with the M11 for color, noise and pushed shadows noise would be interesting. Pixel count would need to match. 

Edited by Chaemono

From this section onwards there is a lengthy writeup (about EVFs in general, mostly, but some words about the new one as well).

Edit: Sorry, if you meant the link it was posted a few posts back in this thread (here)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Stevejack
  • Thanks 1

I sincerely hope that Leica will postpone the announcement of the M11 for a few weeks.

Otherwise we might miss the 6000 posts mark. And will the experience with the M11 still be the same despite the open shutter? It just feels better than worrying about serious things 😀

Edited by anickpick

I’m pondering if I should sell my M9P or keep it for now in case I don’t like the M11. Somehow, I always go back to the M9P and they’re getting harder to find (and prices keep going up). So yeah for now I might hold on to it and get an M11 to use it for a few months before making a decision. 

Anyway excited for the announcement, but it does seem we won’t reach 6k by then…lol

55 minutes ago, shirubadanieru said:

I’m pondering if I should sell my M9P or keep it for now in case I don’t like the M11. Somehow, I always go back to the M9P and they’re getting harder to find (and prices keep going up). So yeah for now I might hold on to it and get an M11 to use it for a few months before making a decision. 

Anyway excited for the announcement, but it does seem we won’t reach 6k by then…lol

Always keep one M body regardless of what.

I'm having a good day, 

1 hour ago, shirubadanieru said:

I'm having a good day, enjoying vanilla ice with home made chocolate sauce. M11 is going to be release within hours and my dealer just confirmed that I should get my two M11's soon 😊 119 posts to go!

Edited by oka
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

Always keep one M body regardless of what.

Good policy.

1 hour ago, shirubadanieru said:

I’m pondering if I should sell my M9P or keep it for now in case I don’t like the M11.

M11 will devalue M10 perhaps, but I don't imagine it devaluing the M9-P which has its own cult following relatively detached from the CMOS cameras that followed. Would an M11 Monochrom devalue my M10 Monochrom? I'm fairly sure it would. But the M9-P is its own thing now. So, why not wait until you can test an M11 and see what you think of it first?

• Like 1