Al Brown

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LUF Admin

What happend (my version): The embargo date for the Leica M11 was today 3pm (German time) Steven started yesterday at 5pm (German time) posting Leica M11 images I deleted (hid) the thread, contacted Steve and asked him not to do so as such leaks can hurt the relationship to Leica Camera – the forum’s and my business’ relationship.  Steven answered this: Three hours later he started another thread: „M11 - My first impressions of the best digital M yet“ Using

LUF Admin

No I don't. Lengthy justification hidden, account banned again, premium membership fee refunded. You can write a thousand times that your post was not an attack in my direction. I told you that you are on probation and it's a really, really bad idea to post off topic justifications and to open the discussion again. Sorry, I'm now really mad now. It's Friday evening, I had a hard week and still a long to-do list. And I'm no longer willing to tidy up behind single members who d

Steven

I buy a lot of stuff, but I never look back, or never change my mind once my opinion is made.  No, you remember it wrong. I said I didn't like it on digital, and I still don't. I always said that I liked it on film, and I still do.    Dude, what are you smoking ? I'm so happy. Happy in my life. Happy with my cameras. I'm the happiest person you've spoken to today! And I am extremely focused on my photography. In December, I shot 173 rolls of film, in four different countries.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, augustwest100 said:

lovely! Do they make monopods that double as hiking sticks?

Yes - Novoflex does in association with Leki. If you have three, you can assemble them as a tripod too.

13 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

Not even close…

Jeff

Tish, Tosh. Classic chest puffing from the film fanatics.  Celluloid has been around since 1888. I'd say that thread was way the hell late to the party.  More to the point, over the actual time period of interest, 134 years, the average rate has been less than 600 posts a year. You'd think after over a century of waiting for it to open, there would have been far more activity.  OTOH, this discussion, around something that up until a couple of days ago was purely speculative, has accelerated to light speed faster than a photon from a flash bulb.   Face it, we won't truly know the which thread contains the most entertaining bloviation for at least another century when we can make a fair comparison. 😃

23 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

But the posts per day might be a record?

And whose fault is that? If you had just posted your review early, much of this silliness could have been avoided. 😀

Seriously, for those of us having no plan to buy the camera (at least not until we see photos from it), this thread has provided much entertainment.

Edited by bags27

29 minutes ago, jonoslack said:

But the posts per day might be a record?

Nope, the film thread has averaged 25.5 posts per day, over 8.5 years.  This thread is running about 19.3 posts per day, since last April.  But I’m sure some of your posts, Jono, are right at the top.

Jeff

18 minutes ago, M Journey said:

My local Leica store just confirmed that the visoflex will be available for purchase on launch day.  Just in case some people are looking forward to that in particular.

Did they tell you its resolution and confirm it is backward compatible?

vor 18 Minuten schrieb M Journey:

My local Leica store just confirmed that the visoflex will be available for purchase on launch day.  Just in case some people are looking forward to that in particular.

☝️Yep! In Germany though. — PS: Posted just to elevate the post per day ratio in this thread. 😁

1 hour ago, jaapv said:

Yes - Novoflex does in association with Leki. If you have three, you can assemble them as a tripod too.

You can just mount the Leki photoadapter onto one of your poles if you have recent ones with the Aergon handles. It replaces just the top part of the pommel not the strap/grip and has a brass-threaded insert under a dust cap which takes a tripod-thread widget. 

One question for the M11 owners - in live view is the shutter lag gone when using the e-shutter? Surely having to close, then re-open the shutter each time is eliminated now so this should mean instantaneous shots correct?

And how do you select 1/8000, 1/16000sec - do you need to go into the menu for this or can you assign the scroll-wheel to select the e-shutter speeds?

59 minutes ago, algrove said:

Did they tell you its resolution and confirm it is backward compatible?

Nope.  They said everything will be announced on the 13th along with the price.  They also said they are getting less silver m11s in so if you want a silver one you might not get it as soon as the black ones.