Leica M11 - your next camera? {MERGED}

Al Brown

vor 14 Minuten schrieb EddieCheddar:

This just occurred to me (duh!). 

If the M11 has a new baseplate, for a new larger battery, that will make the rumored new EVF super usable all day (maybe). 
Much nicer for us old geezers with aging eyesight. 👀  If that’s the case, I’d be very happy.  

I prefer the the new charger for the lager battery.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 12/9/2021 at 8:52 PM, Adam Bonn said:

surely coming on here to big up Leica and drum up desire for the M11 is like singing to the choir?

Except a lot of "us" on here like older lenses or lenses mimicking older designs so the message is that the APO or whatever is in no  way clinical blah blah so buy one now and dont bother with that old stuff.

With the M11 you really must buy it because it is a massive improvement on the m10 blah blah,i mean that must be true because it does not have a baseplate.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb bags27:

Just in time for my wife's birthday, and it will be a huge surprise, because she never even knew she wanted one!

https://leicarumors.com/2021/12/09/the-leica-m11-is-rumored-to-be-announced-in-january-2022.aspx/

That's unfair. My wife's birthday is in August (much too late) - but I have in January. so could you please write her, that I've never knew that I want one ?

8 hours ago, steve 1959 said:

Except a lot of "us" on here like older lenses or lenses mimicking older designs so the message is that the APO or whatever is in no  way clinical blah blah so buy one now and dont bother with that old stuff.

With the M11 you really must buy it because it is a massive improvement on the m10 blah blah,i mean that must be true because it does not have a baseplate.

Well generically speaking it’s considered easier to upsell than get new clients… but not such a sustainable business model 

Besides, it’s a new M. Historically that means maybe an extra 1/2 stop at base ISO and about 1.5 stops more ISO range than the last one. Plus some OVF &/or EVF improvement and a deleted feature or two from the previous model.

Incumbent users will know if they want that or not, well…. They’ll know if they want to cough up the dough for it anyway

• Like 1

I had planned on getting an M10R but with the significant upgrade in specs the M11 offers, I have decided to wait and get the M11. 

I would expect that if the M11 is released this coming January, it will be summer before they are readily available in the U.S. market.

Time to get on the waiting list!  😎

Edited by Herr Barnack

4 minutes ago, Herr Barnack said:

I had planned on getting an M10R but with the significant upgrade in specs the M11 offers, I have decided to wait and get the M11. 

I would expect that if the M11 is released this coming January, it will be summer before they are readily available in the U.S. market.

Time to get on the waiting list!  😎

What do you consider the significant upgrade in specs? I am also thinking of getting an M10-R now or wait till the 11.

1 minute ago, Herr Barnack said:

I was going to get an M10R but with the leap forward in specs with the M11, I have decided to wait and get the M11.  I would guess that if the M11 is released this coming January, it will be summer before they are readily available.  Time to get on the waiting list!

No clue where you are in the world, but historically Leica store Porto (in Portugal!!) seem decent at having stock of new releases at the time of release.

That might work out for you if you’re In Europe (or even if you’re not, but but probably easier if you are)

I am anxiously awaiting the '11, hoping that all the 10R owners rush to sell those obsolete cameras and jump on the '11 bandwagon creating a glut of used and cheap M10Rs, especially the BP model!  :)

So I hope the M11 is announced in the next day or two; I'd like to have an M10R BP by Christmas!!!  🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Mikep996 said:

I am anxiously awaiting the '11, hoping that all the 10R owners rush to sell those obsolete cameras and jump on the '11 bandwagon creating a glut of used and cheap M10Rs, especially the BP model!  :)

So I hope the M11 is announced in the next day or two; I'd like to have an M10R BP by Christmas!!!  🤪

I like this idea so I will not sell M10-R BP,

I-don't-own-one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mikep996 said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I'm lucky to have an M10R and I can't think of anything that it lacks (except that it's not BP). I'd be surprised if the M10R wasn't the end of the Ms for me. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 11:08 AM, Herr Barnack said:

Same. The M10R is tempting, but maybe the M11 is on the next level. Who knows.

Not very interested in EVF, video, better LV, IBIS, wifi, etc. My hope for the M11 is better iso performance than the M10R and a lower base ISO. That's it. Just these two things would be a tremendous advantage.
Being able to shoot at 1/4000 at f2 and 64 iso would be life-changing. Like sunny 16, but wide open w/o ND filters. And most importantly, to be able to shoot at 12800 and have the same iso performance of the M10 at 800-1600, wow. Do you think it will be possible? It/s (maybe) one extra stop over the M10-R.
A better battery life, a fast camera response when switched on, better user profiles management, etc., would be a great addition, of course. But with excellent low light iso and lower base iso, photographically speaking, I don't need more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

Same. The M10R is tempting, but maybe the M11 is on the next level. Who knows.

Not very interested in EVF, video, better LV, IBIS, wifi, etc. My hope for the M11 is better iso performance than the M10R and a lower base ISO. That's it. Just these two things would be a tremendous advantage.
Being able to shoot at 1/4000 at f2 and 64 iso would be life-changing. Like sunny 16, but wide open w/o ND filters. And most importantly, to be able to shoot at 12800 and have the same iso performance of the M10 at 800-1600, wow. Do you think it will be possible? It/s (maybe) one extra stop over the M10-R.
A better battery life, a fast camera response when switched on, better user profiles management, etc., would be a great addition, of course. But with excellent low light iso and lower base iso, photographically speaking, I don't need more.

Why do you think you need a lower base iso?