Leica M11 - your next camera? {MERGED}

Al Brown

Have you seen the new fixed Leica baseplate over at Leica Rumors?

5 hours ago, Artin said:

I can’t see where the Sd card is going without a base plate , I don’t see any doors any ware ? 

Must be very similar to Leica Q2. Or, OTOH, could be like the SL2, side load. And the third option is the battery compartment + card slot together.

Edited by Al Brown

6 hours ago, cirke said:

maybe a hard drive instead of SD 

No real camera company has ever made that a feature on a real camera.  There’s no reason to suspect Leica would be the first.  Especially since they have made a ton of cameras without a baseplate and they somehow figured out where to put an SD card slot.

12 hours ago, jakontil said:

Reading all the rumors of the upcoming m11, i already miss the baseplate..

no, not bcoz i love it, at times it’s rather a hassle…. But may be its nostalgic… soon or later it would be a history…or it would make a come back

I've never once found the baseplate on a digital M to be a hassle. Now try shooting a classic Nikon F with the entirely removable back and base - that was a hassle! 

7 hours ago, cirke said:

maybe a hard drive instead of SD 

You probably meany a solid-state drive (SSD) and not a hard disk drive (HDD).
An integrated SSD introduces another point of failure in the camera and requires typically slower transferring via USB or WiFi. 

26 minutes ago, John Ricard said:

No real camera company has ever made that a feature on a real camera.  There’s no reason to suspect Leica would be the first.  Especially since they have made a ton of cameras without a baseplate and they somehow figured out where to put an SD card slot.

Pixii did it already. No hard disk but SSD i guess. Only problem is what happens if the SSD breaks down. 

38 minutes ago, John Ricard said:

Zeiss did 

3 minutes ago, lct said:

Pixii did it already. No hard disk but SSD i guess. Only problem is what happens if the SSD breaks down. 

You'll pay a lot of money to a data recovery company to recover your files and even more money to replace the media or buy yourself a replacement camera.

26 minutes ago, charlesphoto99 said:

Then it wouldn't be an M. Plenty of EVF based cameras on the market already. For me the ONLY reason to shoot an M is the RF. 

It would be a body for M lenses , call it whatever you want 

Edited by cirke