Leica M11 - your next camera? {MERGED}

Al Brown

Just now, Steven said:

why ?

I'm catching myself shooting too fast. I turn off my screen (hence the 10-D purchase) but it's just too easily to fast shoot. Film just slows me down with the lever action + cost/energy of getting your output. I haven't shot film in a decade + but yet bought the Leica mp 0.72 when it came out and took it out for a day. So I hope the M11 takes awhile to force me to enjoy this purchase. It's a physiological thing. 😇

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ConfusedLens said:

I'm catching myself shooting too fast. I turn off my screen (hence the 10-D purchase) but it's just too easily to fast shoot. Film just slows me down with the lever action + cost/energy of getting your output. I haven't shot film in a decade + but yet bought the Leica mp 0.72 when it came out and took it out for a day. So I hope the M11 takes awhile to force me to enjoy this purchase. It's a physiological thing. 😇

I partly understand the reasoning. Film indeed slows down a bit, however putting a SD card with only 2gb free memory partly does the same thing ;)

I jus hope you won't regret selling the M10-D. It is hard to find (again) and it feels so nice next to using a film camera. 

Good luck with your mp! It seems you still have plenty of lenses to pick :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ConfusedLens said:

With my favorite film camera in seemingly repair purgatory, I bought a couple of Sigma dp-Merrills (the 2 and 3). Closest digital thing to the pacing and aesthetics of film. And now, I don't know if I'd want any digital camera except one with a Foveon sensor. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bags27 said:

With my favorite film camera in seemingly repair purgatory, I bought a couple of Sigma dp-Merrills (the 2 and 3). Closest digital thing to the pacing and aesthetics of film. And now, I don't know if I'd want any digital camera except one with a Foveon sensor. 

Post some photos please 

On 11/14/2021 at 12:22 PM, pgk said:

Eventually this thread will need a moderator to rename it "Leica M12 - your next camera?" which will mean not wasting time in a new thread reiterating everything that has been said already. 

Not before the camera is announced + specs revealed and everybody vents their frustrations and praise here first. And then, after it ships, the form factor, field use and bugs reports. Will take years.

Edited by Al Brown
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, Steven said:

Post some photos please 

Not allowed to. Not at all Leica equipment  or L-mount and not film (where you can post non-Leica).

I have only a few fun ones up on flickr under Bags27, but you can find lots of them by others just by searching there.

3 hours ago, Al Brown said:

Not before the camera is announced + specs revealed and everybody vents their frustrations and praise here first. And then, after it ships, the form factor, field use and bugs reports. Will take years.

While everyone awaits with anticipation the new M11, Leica, like every other major product company with divisions of engineers, product planners, product managers, product developers and purchasers are hard at work on the next iterations of M, IE: M11M, M12 and so forth as the M11 field test cameras have been out in the wild for almost a year now and final spec has been signed off and the front line engineers and product developers have been immersed in the next iteration of M bodies for a good 18 months or more. 

Edited by insideline
grammer

On 11/22/2021 at 7:45 AM, bags27 said:

High ISO was a big problem for the Foveon sensors for a long time. Has that issue been resolved?

19 hours ago, insideline said:

While everyone awaits with anticipation the new M11, Leica, like every other major product company with divisions of engineers, product planners, product managers, product developers and purchasers are hard at work on the next iterations of M, IE: M11M, M12 and so forth as the M11 field test cameras have been out in the wild for almost a year now and final spec has been signed off and the front line engineers and product developers have been immersed in the next iteration of M bodies for a good 18 months or more. 

True. A very good friend of mine has been field testing the M11 for several months and has just given me permission to post this photo of the prototype in his possession. It's got a 400MP sensor.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

1 hour ago, fotografr said:

High ISO was a big problem for the Foveon sensors for a long time. Has that issue been resolved?

not even "high" but "highish." My dp Merrills shouldn't be shot over ISO 400. The new ones are better, but Foveon is still in "film" ISO territory. Okay with me. Results are worth it.

If the hoped for FF Foveon L mount can somehow manage IBIS, all will be forgiven.

• Thanks 1

True. A very good friend of mine has been field testing the M11 for several months and has just given me permission to post this photo of the prototype in his possession. It's got a 400MP sensor.

Covid isolation has not been kind to Jono.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

It has a removable rear screen then?

• Like 1