Leica M11 - your next camera? {MERGED}

Al Brown

11 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

So the unofficial rumor has it that 11/11/21 is the launch date for M11.
Unofficially no ibis.
Unofficially 36 megapixels.
Apparently fixed bottom plate.

Thanks for starting this thread. You forgot to add the most important unofficial feature. 

It is rumoured to be a BSI sensor ! If it is anything like the one in the SL2-S, it is a GAME CHANGER. The low light capabilities of the M11 will finally be worth mentioning, and it will remove all need for ibis. 

Fixed bottom plate, I am curious about that ! 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

Unofficially no ibis.
Unofficially 36 megapixels.
Apparently fixed bottom plate.

Current M10r owner so probably won’t upgrade. I care more about the M10r being small so totally happy they don’t make it bigger for ibis. BSI is the best feature on that list. I’m guessing an extra stop or so of noise performance. Meaning 6400 looks like 3200 on the M10r. This is just speculation based on my Sony and Fuji experience. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Al Brown said:

Unofficially no ibis. -- market segmental differentiation?
Unofficially 36 megapixels. -- show stopper? Ideally, it would be much better if its beyond 40 megapixels.
Apparently fixed bottom plate. -- it's fine to me

Advertisement (gone after registration)

28 minutes ago, Steven said:

Thanks for starting this thread. You forgot to add the most important unofficial feature. 

It is rumoured to be a BSI sensor ! If it is anything like the one in the SL2-S, it is a GAME CHANGER. The low light capabilities of the M11 will finally be worth mentioning, and it will remove all need for ibis. 

Fixed bottom plate, I am curious about that ! 

I think I might need a back side illuminated wallet to keep up with all this latest great Leica technology goodness. M11 + BSI + APO lenses 😲🤩

• Haha 11

vor 6 Minuten schrieb M10 for me:

I presume that the time on the 11 11 is 11h 11minutes 11 seconds. What else? When can we preorder?

Here in Cologne, Germany, this is the moment when the next carnival season will start🥳. If, and only if Covid will be at bay at that time, the whole city will be full of partying folks🍻🤢. A good opportunity to test a new camera😇😅.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Hmm, never had an issue with the bottom plate (actually I've gotten used to it). I never felt the need of an IBIS even though I had a pretty good one back in the day when I was shooting Olympus gear. 36 MP is nice but definitely not a must.

Think I can wait until it's not longer a rumor but a real camera. Then I will have a look (especially on the price tag) and decide if I will upgrade from my M10 or not.

• Like 4

I bet within a month people will already start complaining how M11's color is all wrong because of the new sensor tech, and this is wrong, and that's wrong, and how M10 is the best Leica ever made. All of this before a single M11 sees the light of day. We know the drill 😉 😀

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

https://leicarumors.com/2021/04/13/first-leica-m11-camera-rumors.aspx/

"Fixed" bottom plate sounds like it is non-removable.  If so, how/where would we insert a battery and a memory card?

JMHO but the M series removable bottom plate doesn't need to be "fixed."  There's nothing wrong with it as is.

When the M11 is released, does that mean the M10R will be discontinued? 

Yes, I will upgrade and replace my M10. After long hesitation I decided to not take the M10-R. Résolution, especially for a M is not all. But low light etc. is important for me. I am now on 3 waiting lists: Corona vaccine, Apo35M & M11. Keep cool

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Herr Barnack:

https://leicarumors.com/2021/04/13/first-leica-m11-camera-rumors.aspx/

"Fixed" bottom plate sounds like it is non-removable.  If so, how/where would we insert a battery and a memory card?

JMHO but the M series removable bottom plate doesn't need to be "fixed."  There's nothing wrong with it as is.

When the M11 is released, does that mean the M10R will be discontinued? 

Like Q2 and SLx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 MP is going the wrong direction :(

Perhaps they could offer a Canon-like "s-RAW" that would enable downsampled, in-camera 18 megapixel files.

I like the quirky  bottom plate system but don't care if it goes away.

The improved visoflex is precisely what I am waiting from my ideal M camera. If the supposedly new Visoflex fits older models, what will behave differently? Will the new model be able to feed it faster refresh rates, will the Visoflex's resolution be limited when plugged to an M10, what. I can barely wait! ;)

I happily shoot my MP240 and so far I've been able to reason about upgrades to M10/P/R being "too little for too much". My fear is that November comes too quickly and then I potentially have new GAS to deal with.

• Like 5

• Fang changed the title to Leak image of M11
  • jaapv changed the title to Leica M11 - your next camera? {MERGED}