The King of Mood

Capuccino-Muffin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On digital, I can’t say. But on film, this lens is so good, SO Good!

Sharp. Very fine contrast. It breathes its own into any photograph. Beyond silly bokeh, there is character.

This lens beats any other lens in the Character department.  I Love it so much, I asked my wife to burry me with a Summaron-M in my pocket, when I die (along with a few Rolleiflexes).

The Summaron-M 28 is the King of Mood. There is no other.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Capuccino-Muffin said:

Sharp. Very fine contrast. It breathes its own into any photograph. Beyond silly bokeh, there is character.

This lens beats any other lens in the Character department.  I Love it so much, I asked my wife to burry me with a Summaron-M in my pocket, when I die (along with a few Rolleiflexes).

I take it you are aware there is a very lengthy thread dedicated to this lens?  Currently on page 85 (!), example photos film & digital from page eight onwards.

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2021 at 1:27 AM, Capuccino-Muffin said:

Intresting. Been looking for a midlife crisis lens with character lol. What kind of mood?

But seriously could you be kind enough show us examples? I wonder if the character can show in digital too. 

All the best

On 4/13/2021 at 1:27 AM, Capuccino-Muffin said:

Intresting. Been looking for a midlife crisis lens with character lol. What kind of mood?

But seriously could you be kind enough show us examples? I wonder if the character can show in digital too. 

All the best

Bokeh has quite frankly become an eyesore, especially in scenes where there is plenty of light. 
A crutch.

This lens replaces bokeh by injecting character, giving much more mature images and preventing anyone’s photography to fall into the amateur trap of bokeh à tout prix.

Edited by Capuccino-Muffin
  • Like 1

On 12/04/2021 at 11:27 PM, Capuccino-Muffin said:

I Love it so much, I asked my wife to burry me with a Summaron-M in my pocket, when I die (along with a few Rolleiflexes).

You may want to add an m-mount camera 😅

I agree, the summaron-m 28 rocks on film! The rolleiflexes are also great 😋

Edited by Aryel

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 11:27 AM, Capuccino-Muffin said:

A thousand words do not equal a picture 😎 Would love to see why you love this lens so much. 

I would agree with OP. This lens is quite amazing. I can attest to it on digital m10m. Surprisingly sharp in the center at 5.6 and very moody with just the right amount of contrast.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1