A new leaf with the Monochrome 246

Nick De Marco

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It has been ages since I have posted on this forum, or caught up with some of my good friends on a Leica day out. I hope to again soon - and although I haven't been posed I do lurk and read, especially recently.

This March I decided to turn over a new leaf with my photography, to return to using my digital Leicas and to be a little more disciplined about it. A number of things made me think about, and ultimately finally buy, a Leica M Monochrom (typ 246). I thought about the M10, or the M10 Monochrom, but apart from the big price difference (I found a very good used M246 at a great price from Ivor at Red Dot) I wasn't sure I wanted the additional resolution of the M10 M, or that the M10 was going to be a significant improvement on my M (typ 240) which I have been neglecting using. I decided the 246 was the one for me, and I am delighted I did. I have really enjoyed using it so far.

I wrote a short photo essay about my new leaf, and included the first photos I have taken with the 246 during March: https://rangefinderchronicles.blogspot.com/2021/04/march-2021-new-leaf.html

I hope to use it a lot more, over the next months and years. So far I am a very happy user.

Nick

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Here is one of my photos with the M Monochrom. 

Hackney Wick Station 2, Leica M Monochrom, Zeiss 21mm f2.8 T Biogon ZM from Flickr

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10

Another architectural photo I took with the Monochrom M in March from the series which I like - using the Zeiss Tele-Tessar 85/4 which I have found to work very well with the Monochrom

Edited by Nick De Marco
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Nick De Marco said:

Another architectural photo I took with the Monochrom M in March from the series which I like - using the Zeiss Tele-Tessar 85/4 which I have found to work very well with the Monochrom

Please post in