Full frame cropped view?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

47 minutes ago, Stephen.s1 said:

Is it really necessary to have those crop lines?  Whatever happened to shoot and crop during post?  On a good day you might to crop a section to 150mm.... :)  or to 29MM...

The crop feature has a practical value: autofocus and exposure measurement only occur within the crop, so it’sa useful way of managing both. 

• Like 3

??? The crop function on my Q always shows full frame.  When one of the crops is enabled it adds crop lines to the full frame display.

That said, I've not used the crop "digital zoom" function more than three or four times in the 7ish years I've owned the Q.

I find the crop option handy when I want to better see what I am most interested in.  There is a "post view setting" which shows the cropped image in the display both evf and/or screen as long as the shutter button is held pressed.  So at the expense of a single shot, I can see what I will be getting in the JPG immediately after taking the shot.  I am sorry I don't know the name of the setting or on which menu, but I can dig if asked to do so.  Also, I leave this setting on all the time with no ill effects.  I find this very, very useful for street shooting.

• Like 1