Sigma L Lenses Firm Ware Updates 25 March 2021

michali

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just updated my Sigma 45mm to vers.1.3 & noticed that as of 25 March21 there are several FW updates available for a number of Sigma lenses. These include the 24mm f3.5, 65mm f2, the 105mm f2.8 Macro as well as the 100-400mm f5.6/6.3. 

You can check here:  https://www.sigma-global.com/en/support/purpose/firmware/?mode=search&product_category=lens

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 8:06 AM, michali said:

Here's a complete list of Sigma L mount lenses that have FW updates: 

https://www.sigmaphoto.com/article/firmware-update-for-sigma-global-vision-l-mount-lenses-3-26-20201

thanks for the pointer, but for the 65mm, it says "It has improved the AF accuracy when it is used with the SIGMA fp L" but I have the SL, so will give it a miss, but @jdlaing do you see an improvement with the S1R?

6 hours ago, Sandokan said:

thanks for the pointer, but for the 65mm, it says "It has improved the AF accuracy when it is used with the SIGMA fp L" but I have the SL, so will give it a miss, but @jdlaing do you see an improvement with the S1R?

I believe so. It’s not glaring but noticeable.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Seymar said:

I have an SL2 and a 105 2.8 macro as well as a 24-70 f2.8 how do I update the firmware on them?

Once you've downloaded the lens FW update onto a formatted SD card, insert into the SL2 with the Sigma lens mounted.

Then follow these steps on the camera & press:  Main Menu > pg.5 > Camera Information > Lens Firmware Version > Start Update...

Edited by michali