What colour grading is this?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29505400@N07/albums/72157675078820527/with/31782699317/

The entire above Italy travel photo gallery was shot with Leica M10 and Leica Super-Elmar-M 18mm f3.8.

The gallery photos are having the same consistent colour grading. As a Leica M10 user, I know that is obviously not the colour directly out of M10. 

Does anyone who is good at colour grading, knows what grading /lut this is, that is, if this is one of the famous ones. Which is very possible.

Or maybe it is a Lightroom presets/profile? Anyone recognise?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by jaapv
image removed for copyright reasons

It does not work this way, I fear. Colour management in stills does not normally work with LUTs. The newest versions of LR do have colour grading wheels, but it is up to the user to create the effect that he is after. Presets are fine, but a bit of a common denominator that must be applied and modified by the user.

What you are asking is a bit like attempting to cook a home meal from a copy of the menu of a Michelin star restaurant.

This look is quite interesting. If I had to attempt to recreate it, I probably would use Photoshop, make an optimal colour layer and a B&W layer and blend them, if needed with split sliders. No guaranty that it would be identical, there are multiple ways to get just about any image you are after.

Base on the photographer's taste, it won't be hard to gain such an effect by tweaking the hue and saturation on any post-process software at all.
I observed some portion of the highlight, shadow over a tweak, and perhaps some visible color cast in many images found in his album.

I wonder why people tweak their artworks so much?

6 hours ago, evikne said:

I have purchased and use many different color profiles for LR, but nothing with this look, unfortunately. So I can't help here. But why not just send a message to the Flickr user and ask him directly?

Did That, No reply. There is No replies to any comments From anyone

I'm not expert in this but I can detect some desaturations on certain colors. You can see some people's cloths were black or grey. It also seem not consistent on all pictures, probably individually tweaked/selectively desaturate color channels (or with hue adjusted). And of course those are pretty oversaturated, if you like the look.

Addendum: Or, play with the calibrations. We usually love slide the blue towards teal colors but try the opposite (again, crank up the saturations). I'm noticing the reddish hue on the orange and yellow too, probably some messing with the red channel.

Edited by Casey Jefferson

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, Guys,

Thanks a lot. Finally got the reply.

It is Koda preset from Alien Skin 

Look another two photos from the gallery. They are more typical to the look of this preset. It really works great for some of the photos.

Edited by jaapv
images removed for copyright reasons
  • Like 1