SL 28-70 2.8 ?

cirke

vor 29 Minuten schrieb jaapv:

The Vario-Elmarit R 28-90 was designed and produced by Sigma as well...

I don't think that is true, Jaap. There are some other Leica zoom lenses that were in fact at least produced (and may be even designed) for Leica by other companies such as Kyocera and Minolta, but to the best of my knowledge the R 28-90 was not one of them. Would you mind sharing the source of your information?

Best,

Andy

P.S.: My copy of the R 28-90 shows "Made in Germany" on it, so likely was not produced by Sigma ...

Edited by wizard

It was selected and finished in Germany, but this was the reason that it was less popular with Leicaistes than the 35-70; Therefore Leica offered it as a kit lens with the RE.  My sources lie two decades in the past... ;) It was far better than it was made out to be in the reviews. I had one and was not unhappy.

9 minutes ago, jaapv said:

It was selected and finished in Germany, but this was the reason that it was less popular with Leicaistes than the 35-70; Therefore Leica offered it as a kit lens with the RE.  My sources lie two decades in the past... ;) It was far better than it was made out to be in the reviews. I had one and was not unhappy.

You probably thinking of R 28-70mm lens that is known to be made by Sigma, R 28-90 came later.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cirke said:

and for the rumoured Leica  SL 28-70 2.8   ? do you think its possible as it was nowhere in leica's roadmap  ?

I heard it is coming, should be similar design to the Sigma but made by Leica with Leica glass. Let's see

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fedro said:

I heard it is coming

I heard it's coming, it's lighter and smaller than the 24/90, but I heared no mention about the manufacturer.

Leica never made bad lenses, so I expect this one will be as good as the old R zooms were, whoever will be the manufacturer.

4 hours ago, jaapv said:

It was selected and finished in Germany

I think these days, country of manufacture is less meaningful with a global supply chain. Much of the sub assemblies for Leica lenses and bodies come for Portugal these days. Every country has their rules about what constitutes as ‘Made in XYZ’ but most countries simply require that at least 50% of the final value added to the product must come the country of origin. This is very loosely defined and some companies (and I’m not saying Leica does this), will devalue their sub assemblies coming from other countries so they can choose the country of origin that is more desirable.