Prices for new Q2 on Ebay

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Could someone tell me why prices for a new Q2 on Ebay are not only higher than they are now they're higher than the proposed price increases announced by Leica?

I mean caveat emptor and all that but seriously do people who are considering a Q2 pony up $6100 say for a camera they can get now -- from any authorized dealer -- for $4995 and later $5495 after April 1?

It's not like there's no inventory to warrant it when the model first came out and prices for the few available were scalped if you wanted one. Or am I missing something here?

Thx

Edited by peterb

From time to time I also see this for other items (electronic devices or 'luxury' clothes) on online platforms. 

This might be a mistake of the seller or he thinks to himself: "Every morning a fool gets up" ....

12 minutes ago, Ingo said:

From time to time I also see this for other items (electronic devices or 'luxury' clothes) on online platforms. 

This might be a mistake of the seller or he thinks to himself: "Every morning a fool gets up" ....

But a NUMBER of sellers?

A number of fools...

As long as we get threads on waiting lists and alleged unavailability, there will be people willing to pay over the RSP. It is all part of Frantic Upgrade-GAS.

• Like 1