Leica Perspective Control for Q2 ?

1 hour ago, Ning Ning said:

I haven't read much more positive about it so far, and personally I find it just as superfluous as the crop function. If I need that, I do it in LR. 

For me the useless thing is the video... hehehe...

I prefer dealing with issues with the cam and limit as much as possible post processing.

2 hours ago, Ning Ning said:

I haven't read much more positive about it so far, and personally I find it just as superfluous as the crop function. If I need that, I do it in LR. 

The difference is that the camera provides the roll and pitch data that can be used to apply transformation if desired (adjustable in post).

It is a great feature in M10 cameras and I really hope Leica adds it to SL2 and Q2. Most beta-testers liked it a lot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stuny said:

This is one of the survey questions which you can access in the red bar that sometimes appears at the top of the screen.

It is because I did the survey that I had the idea of launching this thread... 😇

50 minutes ago, Leica Guy said:

I’ve not tried perspective control in a camera so I’m a bit unsure if my position.  Generally, I prefer to do such operations in post. I could see when one uses jpg’s OOC it could be useful. I don’t have much need for it. 

I have been doing perspective correction in post for a long time, but found the supporting data  (crop information in EVF/LCD and automatic initial correction in ACR) most helpful. I was sold once I started using it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am quite pleasantly surprised that it has actually became an additional function of the camera. It is so much easier to frame architectural shots with my M10-P with the camera held high above my head with the floating bright white frame rather than the edges of the LCD screen, and to be able to see how much one needs to capture in order to do perspective adjustments have led to some very nice pictures. Using manual focus with focus peaking with a camera way above your head leads to some very silly poses though. Would be such a nice update to have for cameras with high megapixels and auto focus such as the Q2, SL2.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2