Leica M10M Flash Question

LeicaTobin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a M10 where I use a 35 Summicron and a SF24 flash that I shoot direct close up at f8 and I love the output for black and white. I find the combination to be fantastic for portability and sharpness.

I have recently been thinking about the M10M but I am concerned that my usual settings of f8 and 1/180 of a second for the flash handheld may not be sharp enough on the 41 mp sensor. So many of the images I have seen online are not sharp and its usually not until people have the shutter speeds at 500 or higher are the images sharp.

Anyone using direct flash at f8 at 1/180 of a sec? How sharp are the results?

Thanks for any input!

Tobin :)

• 2 weeks later...

Err.. Whatever has a flash to do with sharpness?  In flash photography the shutter speed has very little relevance for motion blur when the flash is the dominant light. The exposure time will run into the thousands or ten-thousands of a second.

If people need 1/500th of a second to get an image sharp  they have either a tremor in their hands or exceedingly poor shooting technique, regardless of pixel count.

• Like 2