Hi from Iowa, USA

Advertisement (gone after registration)

New to the forum, but not so new to Leica.  Got my first SLR in the early 70's with a couple different brands before settling into Nikon.  A good friend introduced me to Leica back in the film days and I had a IIIc, IIIf, M3, M4-P, and M6.  Sadly, once I got into digital all of the film stuff was sold to fund digital Nikon equipment.  A few years ago I got the yearning to shoot some film again and picked up another IIIf and a couple lenses.  Didn't take long to re-ignite the Leica bug.  Currently have an M6, M8, and M9, along with a few Leica and Voigtlander lenses.  I've been lurking here for a while, figured it was time to join and contribute a bit where I can.

Thanks for creating a great place to enjoy everything Leica!!

Wayne

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum. It's a beautiful place to stay, share, learn, and be inspired. You are going to love it very much.

You could follow a few threads with topics you like, and voila. A suggestion: where it says ACTIVITY, click on unread content, personalize your search and save it as your own stream. It works like a charm.

Good vibes

On 3/24/2021 at 2:35 AM, Wayben said:

New to the forum, but not so new to Leica.  Got my first SLR in the early 70's with a couple different brands before settling into Nikon.  A good friend introduced me to Leica back in the film days and I had a IIIc, IIIf, M3, M4-P, and M6.  Sadly, once I got into digital all of the film stuff was sold to fund digital Nikon equipment.  A few years ago I got the yearning to shoot some film again and picked up another IIIf and a couple lenses.  Didn't take long to re-ignite the Leica bug.  Currently have an M6, M8, and M9, along with a few Leica and Voigtlander lenses.  I've been lurking here for a while, figured it was time to join and contribute a bit where I can.

Thanks for creating a great place to enjoy everything Leica!!

Wayne

Welcome, Wayne.

Look forward to your contributions. 

Did you by any chance buy any of your first set of Leica equipment from Jim Kuehl, who had a mail-order Leica store for about half a century out of Des Moines, if I recall correctly?  He retired just as I was switching from Nikon to Leica and so I regret never having had the opportunity to buy from him but always enjoyed looking through his ads in Shutterbug in the late 80s and his long lists of then mysterious to me five-letter item codes like NOOKY and SOOPD.

No, I don't recall buying anything from him, but remember the ads in Shutterbug.  Shutterbug was a goldmine of used equipment back then, I really miss it.  National Camera in Minneapolis was a favorite of mine back then because I was up there quite a bit visiting relatives.  They had a room upstairs that you had to ask to get into that was packed with early Leica gear.  Every trip was hard on my wallet, but sure was fun.