Voigtlander Apo-Lanthar image thread

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Soon arrives the 35, the 50 is here today... both are welcome to share the spotlight.  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? E

Thank you... these shots were set against a difficult bright background. I've posted a few other images in different threads about VM lenses but thought it might be good to collect results from the Apo-Lanthar series together in one place. I've been enjoying the 50 and just received word that the 35 has shipped and will be waiting for me when I return home from travels. Here are a few landscapes from a recent trip to the beach with the 50 mounted on my Leica SL (601). Hello guest! Please

M10-R + CV 50 APO Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

M10R with VC 35mm lens compared with Q2 at 35mm crop. Pics adjusted for overexposure (Q2) highlights/white/black. The Q2 (top pic) wins in terms of '3d" solidity.

Edited by microview
Posted (edited)

M10R with VC 35mm lens compared with Q2 at 35mm crop. Pics adjusted for overexposure (Q2) highlights/white/black. The Q2 (lower pic)wins in terms of '3d" solidity.

Edited by microview
Posted (edited)

Barking up some trees and other sights on a neighborhood walk today. VM Apo-Lanthar 35 mounted on Leica SL (601).

Edited by Alan Friedman

VM Apo-Lanthar 50 + Leica M8... extension factor effective focal length of 67mm. 

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The small sensor of the M8 somewhat under samples the potential resolution of the App-Lanthar lens, but it gives some sense of what might be possible with sensor cropping on the new Sigma fp-L. 

Edited by Alan Friedman
  • 2 weeks later...

Last call for leafless enjoyment of tree structure...  Apo-Lanthar 35.

Baby leaves and abundant geese - VM Apo-Lanthar 35 + Sigma fp

Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2021 at 4:20 AM, microview said:

Q2 (lower pic)wins in terms of '3d" solidity.

It's very hard to tell based on these web pics...  One most likely will read it as "I (microview) feel that the Q2 (lower pic)wins in terms of '3d" solidity." :)

Edited by setuporg

There are more  APO Lanthar lenses than mentioned here. One of my favorite lenses is the 125mm SL f2.5 Macro, an older one but a real  gem (german part of this forum) 

Another Voigtländer i am using is the 180mm f4.0... knowing other 180mm  the voigtländer is "tiny" and the colors are beautiful.

A few images with VM apo-lanthar 35 on the new Sigma fp-L. I think M lenses will work well with this camera.

The resolution of the Apo-Lanthar lens is a good fit for the 61mp sensor. Full size crop (converted from DNG to JPG) from the first image below

have not got much time to go out. Covid situation here is not that good.

On 5/3/2021 at 2:31 PM, BlackDoc said:

There are more  APO Lanthar lenses than mentioned here. One of my favorite lenses is the 125mm SL f2.5 Macro, an older one but a real  gem (german part of this forum) 

Another Voigtländer i am using is the 180mm f4.0... knowing other 180mm  the voigtländer is "tiny" and the colors are beautiful.

Thanks for sharing this info and lovely pictures. Is this lens made for Nikon F mount? I have always been a great fan of the Leica Apo-Elmarit-R 100 f2.8 - it was my favorite lens on Leica SLRs. I need to use it more on the Leica SL and Sigma fp series cameras. 

• 5 weeks later...

Alan

Thansk so very much for this thread. I an looking for a comparison between the Leica APO 50/2 and the Voigtlander APO 50/2 VM lenses taken on an M 10 perhaps. Any info?

2 hours ago, algrove said:

Alan

Thansk so very much for this thread. I an looking for a comparison between the Leica APO 50/2 and the Voigtlander APO 50/2 VM lenses taken on an M 10 perhaps. Any info?

None that I have done but I think links to comparisons between both the 50 and 35 have been posted before? More significant vignetting can be seen easily in the VM lenses. Other differences will like take a lot of zooming. 

Here is a shot captured with the VM apo-lanthar 50 on the new Sigma fp-L. Our cemetery deer are very skilled at avoiding visitors... a good amount of cropping was employed. Using the apo-lanthar with a high resolution sensor makes for some interesting possibilities.