Can I put R glass on the the S system? I'm seeking a shift solution..The 28mm pc would be nice.

Nick Guttridge

1 hour ago, John McMaster said:

I think someone has a hacked Samyang 24mm shift adapted to S...

I think that's me. The Samyang no longer shifts but it does give a nice 24mm FOV in a small and lightweight package. Take a look here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1xri32njl14ipw/Samyang 24mm non-TS Nikon version.tif?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kgg1mzkurhhgnx/Samyang non-TS 24mm.tif?dl=0 for some handheld test shots.

It's been adapted to the Mamiya 645 mount so I use the Leica M645 adapter to fit it to my S. I bought 2 of them from the guy in Poland who converts them! I now have the S 24mm (which I haven't used yet as it's currently at Wetzlar getting a new AF motor) so I might sell one on. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Sarnian
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, alan.y said:

That's very interesting, Alan. Thanks.

Because my Samyang(s) were adapted to the Mamiya 645 mount rather than to the S mount I was initially using them on my Phase One DF+ with an IQ180 back. On the IQ180 they were giving me a 15mm FOV!! The edges were a tad blurry and there was a bit of vignetting (although that might have been from the edges of the UV filter) on the IQ180 but that was to be expected as the Samyang is a 35mm FF shifting lens and was never meant for medium format work. 

When I get my S 24mm back from Wetzlar I'll do a Super-Elmar vs Samyang shoot-out.

IQ180 (80 megapixels)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Sarnian
  • Like 3

Hartblei do a tilt shift adapter for Hasselblad lenses https://www.hartblei.com/product/hasselblad-tilt-shift/ Whereas Hartblei lenses are less than epic, being repurposed East German Pentacon and Ukrainian Kiev MF lenses dating from around  the 1960's/70's, their tilt shift mechanism is excellent. They do offer a different system based on Zeiss optics, probably those sold for Hasselblad V fit mounts but they are quite expensive. I have the Pentacon based 80mm Super Rotator in R mount but I have not used it a whole lot. The resolution is not really good enough for digital Leicas. Buying it at 80mm was a mistake and I should have bought their 35mm T/S lens instead. 

Wilson

PS I just noticed that the Hasselblad adapter is to use those lenses on a Canon DSLR, not what is really required. 

Edited by wlaidlaw