Kipon Alpa to Leica L39 adapter issue

• 3 months later...
On 3/19/2021 at 6:49 PM, romualdo said:

looks like I just solved the problem - I needed to unscrew the ring all the way to the tip of the helicoid - now matching perfectly (rangefinder with EVF) plus reaching infinity

Hi, romualdo
Will you please teach me how to do that in detail?
I'm annoyed by KIPON adapter, too.

Edited by Cervi-Giardini

Cervi

see my pics below - there is a ring (adjustment) inside the helicoid with two notches, 180 degrees apart - this ring was way too far down inside the helicoid - I had to screw it anticlockwise (so it would rise to just above the level of the top of the helicoid - see pics) - a fine screwdriver placed into one of the notches will allow you to move the ring. With fine adjustment it's trial & error, screwing ring clockwise or anticlockwise in very small movements then testing for attainment of infinity with the rangefinder. Ideally using a digital camera with an EVF (Electronic viewfinder) & comparing the focus with the viewfinder screen to the rangefinder is more accurate IMHO than trying to tweak it with just a film camera. Hope this helps. Once you are happy with the ring's position, use a marker pen to show the position at a notch (see pic) - I check that before use to see if there has been any movement during storage - hasn't seemed to move at all since I did the final adjustment, Cheers Stephen

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

11 hours ago, Cervi-Giardini said:

Thank you, Stephen!!
I appreciated so much.  Very easy to understand and I was able to solve the problem quickly.

Glad you were able to follow my directions

By the way, what lenses/cameras are you using the kipon adapter with?