Haoge macro adapter M-L

Advertisement (gone after registration)

An interesting and relatively inexpensive addition to a mirrorless (with live-view) Leica L mount kit, this adapter permits greater close focus capability with all M lenses. Not optimal for dedicated macro projects - will continue to use my Macro-Elmarit-R 60 f2.8 which does a fine job at 1:1 reproduction... but enjoyable when you want to approach just a little closer to a subject with a given lens. I haven't tested it carefully but it appears to use the same flange distance as the Leica M-L adapter when drawn in completely, preserving infinity focus in this position. Racked out, it adds about 5mm of additional distance between the lens and sensor. A few examples using my Sigma fp + VM Nokton 40 f1.2. I've ordered a second one to double the fun.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Alan Friedman
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice examples. When in the normal position, does it hit infinity focus at the hard stop or do it go beyond that?
This is something that bothers me with all cheaper adapters as I can't rely on the distance scale that way or focus to infinity quickly.
Thanks.

12 minutes ago, padam said:

Nice examples. When in the normal position, does it hit infinity focus at the hard stop or do it go beyond that?
This is something that bothers me with all cheaper adapters as I can't rely on the distance scale that way or focus to infinity quickly.
Thanks.

Yes, it seems fine. This with Sigma fp + VM apo-lanthar 50 at infinity (full size crop included). I will continue to carry the Leica M-L adapter for dedicated landscape shooting.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Alan Friedman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope its better than the kipon macro adapter which also extends out 4-5mm, but it was extremely stiff to rotate and no hard point to full extension. Quite disapointed, however it did its job and extended close focus about 20cm or so.

The Kipon adapters seem to be a different design/manufacturer. I purchased two of the Haoge adapters which are 1/3 of the price of the Kipon. Production consistency seems good. I’ve racked them in and out during testing. Movement is smooth and resistance seems fine. I expect in normal use they will be racked in most of the time. It’s handy to leave them mounted on the M lenses I use most frequently with my L mount cameras. I purchased some L mount rear lens caps for that hoping to keep swapping lenses as quick and painless as possible.