OFFICIAL: another year, another price increase

astrostl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

14 hours ago, jdlaing said:

Price increases are very simple. Pay them or don’t.

True. 

As the saying goes, "We don't have to like it - we just have to do it."

That said - for some Leica lovers, funding the purchase of an $8000+ lens or body isn't always easy - yet we still find a way to do it.  I'm in that demographic.  I find it  an infinitely preferable place to be than to be a part of the childish mob who throw tantrums of hatred at Leica because of their prices.

As Hugh over at Three Blind Men and An Elephant says, "I don't begrudge Leica their pricing."  Neither do I.

That's not to say that Leica's price structure is not daunting at times...

Edited by Herr Barnack

6 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

Thanks, I think. I thought Instagram was mostly photos, not discussions, but I’m not tuned in.

Jeff

I recently had to turn off the comments on my posts. I used to get about 500 comments every time I posted a photo, with a majority of them being focused on gear, and from people who've never heard of Leica. If they drove me crazy, imagine you... 

• Thanks 1

My rationalization for acquiring Leica gear is simple - I am a simple guy, rarely eat outside, drive a 12 year old Infiniti G35x and wear the same clothes that I bought 10 years ago. With that in mind, I am ok justifying $8,000 for a camera and $8,000 for a lens 😁

As an aside, whenever I discuss selling some of my Leica lenses with my high-schooler daughter she gets upset. I have been "warned" not to sell any Leica lens. This is from a kid who lives in the Apple ecosystem.  

Edited by ravinj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3