ECN-2 Movie film: sharing your pictures and experiences

Einst_Stein

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, 250swb said:

It isn't infallible but Pressing 'Auto Colour' from time to time can be a checking strategy, as in better/worse, what I want/what I'm trying to avoid, etc. Oh, and the 'Bel Air' is perfect, a prime example of what movie film can do.

i tried this on a friends computer, i dont have C1 anymore, but it works really well, and is free

https://www.mwilmes.com/toolbox

• Like 1

And some 500T in its natural environment, tungsten-ish light.

Btw all my shots are unmodified Vision film devved in ECN-2. Developing in C-41 would look different in some aspects.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edit: just realised the image on the forum looks more contrasty and quite a lot more saturated than my computer. Something might be wonky with the colourspace support.

Edited by giannis
  • Like 1

The correct version. It was - surprise surprise! - a colourspace issue. Does the forum support adobeRGB? Edited by giannis
  • Like 5

I took these with 50d from QWD, it has the remjet that I removed before processing myself. Didn't do a very good job cleaning it this time, try try again! I like it better than the Cinestill because it does not have the halos because it does have the remjet. There is some debate over ECN-2 processing vs regular color negative film. Cinestill believes C-41 is actually better, you have to read their note. In the end, though, there is no still rich smooth Kodachrome alternative. BTW these were shot with my R6.2 80mmR summilux ....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, frame-it said:

beautiful..and metered at 200 ?

Nope, 125 plus or minus. It's old film stock, and the dealer that sells it recommends halving the ISO rating,  so the Cine250D is at about 125. The Cine500T I used I rated at 250, but in most cases if in doubt over do it as the little experience I have with them so far shows they are not happy being under-exposed.

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 hours ago, sblitz said:

I took these with 50d from QWD, it has the remjet that I removed before processing myself. Didn't do a very good job cleaning it this time, try try again! I like it better than the Cinestill because it does not have the halos because it does have the remjet. There is some debate over ECN-2 processing vs regular color negative film. Cinestill believes C-41 is actually better, you have to read their note. In the end, though, there is no still rich smooth Kodachrome alternative. BTW these were shot with my R6.2 80mmR summilux ....

In final removal, did you use wiper or finger? Would it be better to use lintless  fiberless gloves duch as meical rubber ?

I have seen two types of uncleaned removal, one is tiny dust, the other is tiny lint. The lint type clearly is the wiper lint, the dust type seems to be either the incomplete removed remjet or the removed remjet particles in the water coming back to the film.  

Some suggestion do the final removal in the water bath, some suggest to hang the film and wipe it from up to down with rubbered finger. I wonder which works better.

• 6 months later...

I've recently scanned a 35mm roll of Kodak 250D.

Film was lab processed in ECN-2.

Used Negative Lab pro and Lightroom to produce this result.

3 minutes ago, greene881 said:

I've recently scanned a 35mm roll of Kodak 250D.

Film was lab processed in ECN-2.

Used Negative Lab pro and Lightroom to produce this result.

another shot from the same roll

• Like 1