My 110,000th post and a celebration of Barbara

stuny

You are truly blessed. Congratulations on your upcoming retirement. You’ll have even more time to travel. Enjoy it.

Your participation and positive comments here on the forum are an example which make browsing the forum enjoyable.

Thank you.

Thank you Roy.  a few years ago when we went to Churchill for polar bear spotting we spent several days in Winnipeg, and greatly enjoyed it, the art museum especially.  While stationed in North Dakota with the USAF we'd have to drive to either the Twin Cities or Winnipeg for "civilization."  That was in the late 1960s

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Stuart, first of all a very big thank-you for a huge contribution to this Forum, both in terms of posts and as a Moderator (the latter sometimes being a thankless task where one is damned whichever side of a judgement call one makes).

But, even more importantly, many congratulations on an obviously mutually devoted partnership of more than 35 years, with very best wishes for the future, and the new opportunities that retirement will bring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2021 at 8:58 AM, stuny said:

Our first date was in late November 1984, she moved in with me 13 months later, and in January 1987 we wed.  Barbara is the love of my live, my soulmate, my best friend.  Among her many characteristics, are very high intelligence, generosity, honesty, thoughtfulness, warmth, zest for life, ability to focus, and you don't want to be on the other side of a work related debate because it's unlikely you'll win - An awesome thing to watch.  Whenever in France or Quebec Province its a pleasure for me to see her mistaken for French.  And you couldn't find anyone better to research and plan travel, for which she always surprises me with the best place for gelato or ice cream, plus auto museums. We never could get enough of one another, and the last year, working from home and seldom venturing out just solidified all those thoughts.  We'll retire next month, and keep spending so much time together.  To Barbara!

The photos below include before going out for a celebration, Kalahari Desert, Jacksonville Florida, Manchester Vermont, Rwanda, Off Newport Rhode Island, My favorite dress, East Falkland Island, off Mabul Island of Malaysian Borneo, Death Valley, Salta region of Argentina (the little woman), beginning research for another trip

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

What a wonderful story and photo package. Congratulations! The future looks bright indeed!

• Like 1

Hmmm.  I think I'll add some more

On a beach in Kerala, on a live-aboard dive boat off Papua new Guinea, waiting for an appointment in Sri Lanka, rainforest of Panama, Namibia when the rhino changed direction towards us, on the Sepic River in Papua New Guinea, in a slot canyon in Arizona, riding in Namibia, selecting wine in Delhi,

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This is indeed an ouststanding series to celebrate two outstanding vitae. All the best on your retirements and many happy years to come.

I would also like to join John to thank you for your dedication to this forum, which certainly wouldn't be what it is now without you.

All the best

Stefan

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...