M10M + Visoflex. Yes or no?

nodrog

Advertisement (gone after registration)

13 minutes ago, SrMi said:

Agreed with different strokes.

FWIW, I think that Visoflex has the best functionality of all EVFs available:

a) make focus peaking visible only at magnified view

b) make highlight/shadows warning visible only with half-press of shutter button

Don’t own the Visoflex… RF only works well for me (since the 80’s). Different strokes again…

Jeff

I will pick up my M10M tomorrow and will skip the visoflex, as i will wait for the rumored updated one towards the end of the year.

the current one is simply fugly, and the internals are by far not up to date.

*edit*

lets just hope the new one will not cost 1000$

Edited by overexposed
wanted to add something

• 2 weeks later...

I own the current Viso and agree on the fuglyness. Someone accurately described it as a piece of Lego Duplo plastic sitting on the M10, even covering the left side of the speed dial. Obviously it is a makeshift solution, and the design is not well thought-out.

That said, it is a useful tool for getting the most out of the camera.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 3:15 PM, M9reno said:

I own the current Viso and agree on the fuglyness. Someone accurately described it as a piece of Lego Duplo plastic sitting on the M10, even covering the left side of the speed dial. Obviously it is a makeshift solution, and the design is not well thought-out.

That said, it is a useful tool for getting the most out of the camera.

the current visoflex was designed for the leica TL/CL system and not for the M, it simply just fits the M as well, badly though

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, overexposed said:

the current visoflex was designed for the leica TL/CL system and not for the M, it simply just fits the M as well, badly though

Visoflex 020 was launched in 2014 for Leica T and X. It does not work with CL.

10 hours ago, overexposed said:

I’m not sure that’s right.  It works fine with my M10-D.  My recollection is that the M10-D was designed to be compatible with the Visoflex-020 after complaints about the Olympus VF-2 rebadged for the M240.  The idea of an external EVF started with that camera.  The TL came later …

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2021 at 9:07 AM, intermediatic said:

I love the Visoflex. It’s elegant and simple to use. I love the ability to flip it up for photos I take low down. For a monochrome camera, it’s invaluable. Hold a filter in front to see what it does and you will likely be a convert.

You've just got to the right point. When you're dealing with B/W photography seriously, it changes everything and becomes a better-have or even must-have while you're in the field and under the strong sunlight.

While you're using the filters(especially PL and ND), framing, and focus, it does a great job. Furthermore,  it is also an intuitive accessory for Marco-M Adapter or close-up scenarios.

If the new version with M11 comes with optimal sizing, build quality, and pricing are similar to Visoflex 020. I think that I'll get one for sure.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Freeboo said:

I know, but it made me hope an updated EVF is in the works. 😀

Confirmed by forum sources, along with the M11, but timing of both not clear.  M11 reported to be delayed until next year.  The EVF is said to also be compatible with M10.  All rumor until official.

Jeff

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If I'm keeping the M10R I'm not sure that I will bother upgrading to the new visoflex. The implementation is clunky at best, and I only use it with wide lenses... It was cheaper than the optical finder when I got my used WATE lens so I went with the visoflex.  

It's fine for architecture and still portraits, but the M10 series live-view is too laggy to use for street photography or subjects in motion, and a new visoflex won't solve that issue. I think it depends what you shoot as to wether you find it useful. 

I agree it's nice to see the effect of filters through the visoflex on the M10M. 

On 1/10/2022 at 8:55 PM, glenerrolrd said:

Has anyone who has been lucky enough to use the new Viso , tried it on an M10 .  I am most interested in the shutter lag . 

Red Dot forum mention that the M10 may work with a firm ware update somewhere (hinted at March this year) down the road and it would limited to the specs of the M10 not he M11.