Friday (March 12th) Update Forum Software

LUF Admin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

thanks for explaining the update. On older Safari 11.0.3, still missing the emojis on the right hand side below each post, replaced by a grey dot or double dot:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

36 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

Just checked in for first time today.  Are notifications/messages active?  I can’t find way to access.

Jeff

Notifications and private messages are working okay for me.  (Viewed through Safari browser.)

Pete.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, evikne said:

Some of the text and symbols up to the right are hardly visible on my Mac (Safari 14.0.3). On my iPhone this is not visible at all. Is it meant to be like this?

And the custom activity streams used to have the possibility to go to first unread post when clicking on a title. This option seems to be missing now. I know I can click on the small bullet beside each title, but it was much easier when the entire title worked this way, especially when reading on a mobile phone.

Mine's the same, on a laptop.

3 hours ago, JMF said:

Hi,

thanks for explaining the update. On older Safari 11.0.3, still missing the emojis on the right hand side below each post, replaced by a grey dot or double dot:

Same with my Safari 11.1.2 running under El Capitan.

2 minutes ago, m410 said:

The "CONTENT PROFILE" menu no longer shows previous posts and likes, thanks and laughs.

Will this convenient place to look at ones activities return?

The only content I see is as of yesterday 11 Feb 2021.  Also, "editing" posts just made minutes ago is not available anymore.  Had to use "quote" to post this message.

Editing posts is still there but out of sight under the three dots in the top right hand corner of your post. BUT it still has a time limit that doesn't allow me enough time to correct my ineptitude because I often don't notice my mistakes in time.

2 minutes ago, andybarton said:

Give Andreas a chance to get it all working again. 

Andy, that's understood of course. Not chivvying for one moment - rather just ensuring Andreas is aware of minor issues for possible sorting at some time in the future.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, evikne said:

Nobody has answered yet if this is the way it's supposed to look. I think it's a bit too vague, but maybe it's just me.

Seems OK on my iMac 21.5" running Big Sur & Safari.

7 minutes ago, masjah said:

Andy, that's understood of course. Not chivvying for one moment - rather just ensuring Andreas is aware of minor issues for possible sorting at some time in the future.

EXACTLY.  Just acting as "eyes" on a new product.  We collectively are helping him notice potential issues.  As an engineer, I would want that feedback.