Nicht immer nur Kaviar ... (English Version)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, tranquilo67 said:

...As I'm late for the Contax II and the Nikon F, let's show another among my favorites...

Actually, Augusto, I'd be only too happy to see your own Nikon F and Contax II cameras in addition to anything else you might have.

By this time all of these wonderful cameras have acquired their own 'personalities' and I'm sure we all appreciate their unique individualities.

Please post away!

Philip.

• Like 2

The Most Valued Camera I own.                             This is the very first camera I ever had.  A birthday present at age 8, this Herco Imperial 620 is nothing special, yet, to a little kid ......It was a Awesome!   Carrying it on class trips, taking pictures at the campground,  capturing little snippets of a long gone childhood.    The blue paint....well I accidentally done that while “helping” my Mom paint my bedroom.   Maybe I’m lucky in that I Still, after nearly seven decades, have kept hold of a lot of things from my young life.   ••••. Pictures you take capture memories gone by.  Mom is Young and Happy, Dad, a Giant of a Man who could do anything.   Perhaps I’ll run a roll through, walking around my home town, making some New memories.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Ambro51
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, romanus53 said:

same Nikon...

But one of the last of the breed!

Nice example with the 'comfort-tip' wind-on lever which comes from the last "Hurrah!" of the F model as the F2 was being introduced. I'd love to hear that your F-36 drive and 'Cordless Pack' (as it was known) still functions! I still have three F-36 drives and two packs but, sadly, they seem to have all bitten the bullet and are unlikely to be resurrected.

If anyone here can direct me to someone who can put life back into these things please let me know!

Philip.

Edited by pippy

vor 6 Stunden schrieb pippy:

But one of the last of the breed!

Nice example with the 'comfort-tip' wind-on lever which comes from the last "Hurrah!" of the F model as the F2 was being introduced. I'd love to hear that your F-36 drive and 'Cordless Pack' (as it was known) still functions! I still have three F-36 drives and two packs but, sadly, they seem to have all bitten the bullet and are unlikely to be resurrected.

If anyone here can direct me to someone who can put life back into these things please let me know!

Philip.

Hi Philip, I'm sorry to say that the F-36 sent some smoke signals the last time I powered it up, so the F sits on the shelf, unvaluable and unsaleable as it is.

I'm glad my daily walk-around-camera is the M10 which is a little bit easier to carry and I still have a drawer full of adapters for all the old lenses.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Now this is a game I can play. I have some cameras...

let’s start with an odd German gem: the Perfekta TLR by Welta. I think it may be about the only folding TLR camera? Truly a marvel:

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Ambro51 said:

Seeing the Contaflex  IV and Canon  Ftb here.....I have to admit that these were the Only cameras I got so sick of trying to get to work, both were thrown out with the garbage.   Zeiss= having 20 frail parts trying to do the work of 2.    Absolutely NOT worth the kings ransom a tech would charge to fix them.

I suspected that much ;)  Even without repair experience, you get the distinct sense that this camera (IV) is much more complex than it has to be. Just grateful that it works - and will enjoy it as I can.

Edited by nitroplait
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jaques said:

Now this is a game I can play. I have some cameras...

let’s start with an odd German gem: the Perfekta TLR by Welta. I think it may be about the only folding TLR camera? Truly a marvel:

I have one of these wonders. Will post some photos of the camera and some taken with the camera. Despite its odd appearance and the fact that it opens like a flick knife, it is a lovely camera to use. It also has the quietest shutter of any camera that I own, including digital models.

William

Here is my Welta Perfekta. I also have an oddly shaped leather ever ready case for the camera. Photos taken with the camera will follow.

William

Edited by willeica
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Photos taken with my Welta Perfekta. The Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan lens is superb. 

William

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I don't collect cameras but at times I do seem to end up with a few😆. 3 x Gandolfi Precisions - 10"x8", Half-Plate (I have a 5"x4" back for this one too) & 5"x4" of varying ages - the 10"x8" is probably much older than the other two. (If I collected these I suppose that I'd need a Whole-Plate version to fill in the gap.....).

Edited by pgk
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, pgk said:

I don't collect cameras but at times I do seem to end up with a few😆. 3 x Gandolfi Precisions - 10"x8", Half-Plate (I have a 5"x4" back for this one too) & 5"x4" of varying ages - the 10"x8" is probably much older than the other two.

Lovely set, Paul. Dear old Fred would have been proud of you. The waiting lists towards the end were very long as Fred and his brother and nephew struggled to meet demand. I wonder what the folks who complain about items being on backorder from Wetzlar would think of this? And as for that Japanese cherrywood!

William

Edited by willeica
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, willeica said:

I have one of these wonders.

thanks for the photos- I have never gotten around to using mine yet. The mirror is pretty degraded and needs to be replaced though it's still usable. Also mine is missing the top 'Welta' plate- I have been thinking to get a replacement laser-cut and engraved on anodized aluminum. Many of these cameras have lost that part... Do you think you could make a high quality scan or photo of it for me?

• Thanks 1

this camera is a 'cold dead hands' camera- and I think of it as CAVIAR:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jaques said:

thanks for the photos- I have never gotten around to using mine yet. The mirror is pretty degraded and needs to be replaced though it's still usable. Also mine is missing the top 'Welta' plate- I have been thinking to get a replacement laser-cut and engraved on anodized aluminum. Many of these cameras have lost that part... Do you think you could make a high quality scan or photo of it for me?

Will do and I will send you the dimensions as well. Will send it by PM when I get it done.

As for the Hasselblad, I have that on my wants list, but I don't want to become a Hasselblad collector as well. The Zeiss 75mm f3.5 Planar on my Rolleiflex is superb, well ahead of many Leica lenses. Heresy here I know, but anyone who has used one should be able to attest to that. 

William

thankyou that will be much appreciated.

you don't need to become a collector- just get a C/M with Planar 80mm as pictured above and you'll have an absolute Rolls Royce of a camera. If you keep your eyes peeled they can be had relatively inexpensively.  I would recommend getting the a16 back as well as the standard a12. There really is nothing quite like the smooth ka-thlunk sound of a hasselblad. the view through the finder is absolutely brilliant too. It's not heresy to give Carl Zeiss the credit they utterly deserve... Negatives from a Hasselblad just POP- the look from MF lenses is hard to replicate on a 35mm camera.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

this is another favorite in my collection: Contax rangefinder with Stereotar C stereo lens. For years I have wanted to get this lens converted to fit on my digital Leica cameras but so far it has proved too hard. The Leica Stemar is just too hard to find and expensive. Stereotar lenses can be found more easily:

Edited by jaques
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, jaques said:

..... just get a C/M with Planar 80mm as pictured above and you'll have an absolute Rolls Royce of a camera. If you keep your eyes peeled they can be had relatively inexpensively.  I would recommend getting the a16 back as well as the standard a12. There really is nothing quite like the smooth ka-thlunk sound of a hasselblad. the view through the finder is absolutely brilliant too. It's not heresy to give Carl Zeiss the credit they utterly deserve... Negatives from a Hasselblad just POP- the look from MF lenses is hard to replicate on a 35mm camera.

Having used Hasselblads professionally I would agree with everything you say. However my last medium format camera was a Contax 645 which, whilst very well made, never quite had the inherent enjoyableness of the Hasselblad. It was however easier to use and was a very well integrated system camera.. 

• Like 1