Nicht immer nur Kaviar ... (English Version)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Nikon F + Nikkor 85mm 1,8 "Red Devil"😀

Claus

Edited by Scrapbook
falsches Foto
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very popular thread on the German side let’s you display and talk about Classic Cameras that are not Leitz products.  Let’s bring that thread here!     From Niepce to Instax, here’s where to show and tell!                                                  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!The Contura Stereo Camera, designed by Brooks Stevens and engineered by Seton Roch

Size Comparison between Kemper Kombi and Leica I Model A. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! William 

Our family bought all their cameras from Lizars in Aberdeen from the early part of the century until my M4 was bought there on release day in July 1967. I still have a 1935 Model II, a 1934 Model III and a 1953 Contax IIa as well as the M4, all bought from Lizars in Aberdeen. I think there is still a Lizars in Aberdeen but nowadays only an optician.  Now for something different - a giant Combat Graflex KE-4 70mm film rangefinder. I have the whole KS-6 kit with 2½ Wide Angle, 4" Standard and

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Scrapbook said:

Nikon F + Nikkor 85mm 1,8 "Red Devil"😀

Claus

Is that a Nikon lens or third party or a do it yourself job ? Dr Kaufmann might like this one.

William 

vor 19 Minuten schrieb willeica:

Is that a Nikon lens or third party or a do it yourself job ? Dr Kaufmann might like this one.

It is an original Nikkor 85mm 1,8 non AI. But it was in very ugly condition. So I changed the lens to "Red Devil". It's done by myself.

Claus

Edited by Scrapbook

My Zeiss rangefinder cameras are few, I, II, IIIa.   But the Contarex, pulled me in with its complexity. I have the chrome models( Bullseye, Special, Professional, Electronic), but never a black one. Several motor drive systems and heavy zoom lenses. Now, if I could just find a reasonably prices repairman to keep all those finicky shutters going!

well - the Zeiss-shutters - sorry, I'don't want to talk about that, luckily I've got an Amedeo-adapter to use thes fine lenses on my M ;-)

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Scrapbook:

It is an original Nikkor 85mm 1,8 non AI. But it was in very ugly condition. So I changed the lens to "Red Devil". It's done by myself.

Claus

How did you paint it? Spray can, any base coat, removal of old paint resp. chrome plating?

Hallo Andreas, du musst das Objektiv natürlich demontieren und die Farbreste vorsichtig abschleifen. Dann das Objektiv trocken säubern und anschließend sorgfältig und gleichmäßig besprühen: Edding Permanent Spray, Acryllack , Rot, matt (200ml).

Freundliche Grüße

claus

31 minutes ago, cary said:

Minolta SR-1S with 28mm f3.5 lens...

Very nice, cary. I'd never noticed before but, from that angle in particular, there are many styling cues which have strong similarities to those found on the Olympus OM-1 which came along several years later.

Philip.

19 minutes ago, cary said:

...The SR-1S is from the mid 1960's and is one of my favorite non Leica cameras...

I have a lot of fondness for many of the early Minolta SLRs and, later on, found an appreciation for their rangefinder models as well.

As a young kid I used to look at the small-ads in the back of 'Amateur Photographer' magazine and dream about the possibility, one day, of owning an SR-T 101........in Black! To me it was, absolutely, the epitome of Elegance and Sophistication. The 303 needless to say was, sadly, beyond the reach even of my dreams!

Happy Days.

Philip.

Waiting for the ferryboat is so interesting … with my Akarette II.

12 minutes ago, cary said:

Nikon F collection, found photo on the web.

Must show this to herself. She would think this to be a waste of a good wardrobe. 

William