Nicht immer nur Kaviar ... (English Version)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Nikon F + Nikkor 85mm 1,8 "Red Devil"😀

Claus

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Scrapbook
falsches Foto
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Scrapbook said:

Nikon F + Nikkor 85mm 1,8 "Red Devil"😀

Claus

Is that a Nikon lens or third party or a do it yourself job ? Dr Kaufmann might like this one.

William 

vor 19 Minuten schrieb willeica:

Is that a Nikon lens or third party or a do it yourself job ? Dr Kaufmann might like this one.

It is an original Nikkor 85mm 1,8 non AI. But it was in very ugly condition. So I changed the lens to "Red Devil". It's done by myself.

Claus

Edited by Scrapbook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For a while I was interested in early Nikon's. But pretty much went back to Leica full time.  M, S, S2, S3, SP and S4.

• Like 5

My Zeiss rangefinder cameras are few, I, II, IIIa.   But the Contarex, pulled me in with its complexity. I have the chrome models( Bullseye, Special, Professional, Electronic), but never a black one. Several motor drive systems and heavy zoom lenses. Now, if I could just find a reasonably prices repairman to keep all those finicky shutters going!

• Like 7

well - the Zeiss-shutters - sorry, I'don't want to talk about that, luckily I've got an Amedeo-adapter to use thes fine lenses on my M ;-)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My re-covered and serviced blue Nikon S.

• Like 7

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Scrapbook:

It is an original Nikkor 85mm 1,8 non AI. But it was in very ugly condition. So I changed the lens to "Red Devil". It's done by myself.

Claus

How did you paint it? Spray can, any base coat, removal of old paint resp. chrome plating?

Hallo Andreas, du musst das Objektiv natürlich demontieren und die Farbreste vorsichtig abschleifen. Dann das Objektiv trocken säubern und anschließend sorgfältig und gleichmäßig besprühen: Edding Permanent Spray, Acryllack , Rot, matt (200ml).

Freundliche Grüße

claus

Minolta SR-1S with 28mm f3.5 lens. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, cary said:

Minolta SR-1S with 28mm f3.5 lens...

Very nice, cary. I'd never noticed before but, from that angle in particular, there are many styling cues which have strong similarities to those found on the Olympus OM-1 which came along several years later.

Philip.

• Like 1

Hi Philip,

Thank you very much for the nice complement! The SR-1S does has some design features of the OM-1, I have not noticed it until you bought it up. The SR-1S is from the mid 1960's and is one of my favorite non Leica cameras.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cary said:

...The SR-1S is from the mid 1960's and is one of my favorite non Leica cameras...

I have a lot of fondness for many of the early Minolta SLRs and, later on, found an appreciation for their rangefinder models as well.

As a young kid I used to look at the small-ads in the back of 'Amateur Photographer' magazine and dream about the possibility, one day, of owning an SR-T 101........in Black! To me it was, absolutely, the epitome of Elegance and Sophistication. The 303 needless to say was, sadly, beyond the reach even of my dreams!

Happy Days.

Philip.

• Like 1

Nikon F collection, found photo on the web.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Waiting for the ferryboat is so interesting … with my Akarette II.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cary said:

Nikon F collection, found photo on the web.

Must show this to herself. She would think this to be a waste of a good wardrobe. 

William 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They don't build these any longer

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, romanus53 said:

They don't build these any longer

Even though Dr Back pioneered almost all advances in zoom lenses, the 50 - 300mm f4.5 (ED or non-ED) Nikkor is a vastly superior lens.  This Zoomar lens is the first zoom lens available for medium format cameras.  It is also the only production zoom lens for Visoflex II/III.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb zeitz:

Even though Dr Back pioneered almost all advances in zoom lenses, the 50 - 300mm f4.5 (ED or non-ED) Nikkor is a vastly superior lens.  This Zoomar lens is the first zoom lens available for medium format cameras.  It is also the only production zoom lens for Visoflex II/III.

I'm afraid you are right, the usp of these zooms are medium-format or macro, maybe the 1:2.8/36-82 mm for Voigtländer Bessamatic (and others) was the best of these, perhaps due to the use of Thorium-glas.

• Like 5

School of Pupilles from Nagel with their 'school bags'. The Pupille is a half frame 127 format camera. There are 4 items by Leitz in this photo, two 5 cm Elmar lenses and two FOFER rangefinders, both with the N mark.  Other accessories are also here, including cases, stands for the FOFER and the camera, filters and a lens cap.

From the left at back,

1. Large Pupille case for full outfit, camera, rangefinder, stands for camera and rangefinder and two filters,

2. Small Pupille case for camera, stand for camera and two filters.

From the left at the front

1. Leitz FOFER with N mark and feet scale, the Pupille focusses down to 2.5 feet or 0.7 metres and has a lot of intermediate markings, not the same as those on a Leica.

2. Foot for vertical portrait mode use, see centre camera.

3. Pupille with Schneider Kreuznach 4.5cm f2 Xenon lens in feet scale Compur mount marked Kodak (who had bought Dr Nagel's firm) and stand for FOFER rangefinder. Note the strap loops not seen on other cameras.

4. Lens cap for Schneider lens 

5. Two yellow filters for Schneider lens ( some glue separation).

6. Pupille with Leitz 5cm f3.5 Elmar lens in metre scale Compur mount marked Nagel, in vertical portrait orientation using stand.

7. Pupille with Leitz 5cm f3.5 Elmar lens in metre scale Compur mount marked Nagel and with Leitz FOFER N metre scale rangefinder in stand. 

Below is a 'Luxus' version of a Pupille outfit with green reptile leather for the case in camera. This camera has the 5cm Leitz Elmar, like two of mine above. This camera is said to be in the Leica Archives/Ernst Leitz Museum in Wetzlar, but is not currently on display as far as I know. This photo is in the book Museum Leica by Lars Netopil.

I have other cameras from Dr August Nagel, 3 Nagel Vollendas, 5 Contessa Nettels, from his earlier firm, and two Kodak Retinas, the last named being the first group of cameras designed for the 35mm cassette which we are all so familiar with. Dr Nagel made a large contribution to photography, but his memory is often overshadowed by that of other industry figures, such as Barnack.

William

Edited by willeica
  • Like 8