Nicht immer nur Kaviar ... (English Version)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 6/10/2021 at 12:48 PM, thomas_schertel said:

Today I present the Olympus Pen FT, a half frame SLR. With the adaptor for Exaktea mount it is very practicable. You can stop down with the left hand an shoot with the right. The Flektogon allows close focus until the ratio of 1:2. The diaphragm ist corrected automatically.

yours sincerely
Thomas

Nice! 

I have an Olympus Pen S permanently residing in my everyday bag. It used to be a Minox 35EL but I often found myself in the situation that it was almost out of film when something photographable happened (and no extra roll of film in the bag, of course).

I know half frame is just twice the number of frames but it just feels like 72 frame last forever.

• Like 5

Contax I with Carl Zeiss Jena Tele-Tessar k 1:6,3 f=18 cm

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10

Am 26.5.2021 um 19:22 schrieb luigi bertolotti:

Rollei 35 remains as a one of the most brilliant designs by German photo industry ... and in the same era,  here's one of the less brilliant (or... unlucky, anyway... 🙄)

horst faas used a contarex super, working for ap in vietnam - so it could not be that worse

Edited by pfoto
  • Like 1

Hi,

Reviewing the last posts I thing we haven't gone through the Japanese "Agricultural Beauties" from late 60's early 70's. They're solid (not in a Leica way but more in a "brick" way) and in my opinion all of them (Yashica Linx, Konica S2, Minolta 7s etc.) are exponents of a period before the miniaturization and sophistication came.

Here my Yashica Linx 14. A really quiet central shutter with a fast 1.4 lens.

Best wishes,

Augusto

• Like 3

Not a piece of equipment, but a shot from one of my 'best' lenses, mounted on a Leica M Bellows unit fitted to a Sony A7II. Perhaps an antidote to the discussions of what is 'best'. The Lens in question was made in May or June 1865 and is a Grubb Patent 'A' Steero Lens being used in a role for which its maker could never have conceived. When I bought this lens it had an additional conical mount which was very odd - well made and a good fit but it didn't seem right. I now suspect that it might have been made to mount the lens in an enlarger and give it a new lease of life when it was no longer used for stereo photography. Having tried it as a macro lens I can see why - it is certainly better as a macro lens than it is as a landscape lens.

The subject is a Common Orchid I believe, and we have stopped mowing the lawn currently because of these beautiful flowers. Old equpment can be startlingly good!

Edited by pgk
  • Like 9

third-party mirror-boxes and lenses for Leica ltm

Astro Identoskop + Fernbildlinse 1:5/400 and Tewe Teweflex + Telagon 1:3.5/300

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here is my Agfa Isolette III 6x6 with custom bellows. The Apotar lens was the "middle" quality lens. I have a lens hood and a push fit yellow filter for it.

It works perfectly as I bought it already serviced from Germany. I can't recall who did the service, but the red bellows is his signature.

It has an uncoupled rangefinder. The first pic I saved from eBay when I purchased it, but the actual advert is no longer on the site.

John

Edit: here's an interesting link about this model...

https://www.uklandscapephotographer.com/agfa-isolette-iii/

Edited by jpattison
added link
  • Like 4

Park photos with the Isolette...

John

Edited by jpattison
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...

My pretty:

robot royal 24 model III- square format AND 5fps!. Nice rangefinder too! 

• Like 4

Here is a part of my collection. Caviar sprinkled.

Edited by Al Brown
  • Like 12

5 hours ago, Al Brown said:

Here is a part of my collection. Caviar sprinkled.

I've been collecting and trading second hand cameras for over 20 years now. Looking at your image- I have handled approximately two thirds of those cameras at one time or another. Flexaret, Solinette, Retinette. Rolleicord, Ikonta, Contax, Hasselblad, Agfa Isola, Ihagee Exa, Kodak stereo, is that a Ricoh half frame?  etc. If I could reach in a grab out just one- I might take that Rolleicord. Always loved the Rollei TLR's.

Edited by jaques

• 2 weeks later...

Just Arrived, a virtually unused Ansco Autoset 35mm Rangefinder,  which dates from 1962 and is a rebranded Minolta Hi- Matic first Model.  It uses a selenium cell for automatic exposure metering.  The lens in a Rokkor 45mm 6 element mounted in a Citizen Uni-E shutter.  ••••. The  Ansco Autoset’s main claim to Fame is “the first camera in space”.  Indeed John Glenn personally bought three of the cameras from a Coco Beach drugstore and helped design a complicated pistol grip holder allowing one hand operation.  ....and he Used it!  Shooting five rolls while in orbit, giving the World the view of “The World”.    •••••. Indeed a Beautiful mid century design, but plagued by a Minolta glitch, the shutter blades are “stuck” by residues of a particular lubricant they used.  All that is required is a drop of lighter fluid.  This required unscrewing the front element but I am at a loss to know what to unscrew on the front to do that. If anyone can help a PM would be nice.  

Here is how NASA redone the camera, it was mounted “inverted” with a simple finder and a knob for film rewind.  The lens is covered with a special filter in place.  They also repainted the camera black.  Note “lightening” by drilling holes in the brackets, precious grams of weight saved!

A View from Space

Edited by Ambro51
  • Like 5

Can't you get to the shutter of the Ansco from the film side to put a drop of lighter fluid on the back or is the shutter buried between lens elements like it was on the interchangeable lenses on my Mamiya-Sekor SLR, so that each lens came with its own shutter. This was to allow high speed electronic flash synchronisation fill in, for use as a press camera in daylight. I don't think it exactly took the press corps by storm 😄.

I have given up trying to repair these consumer film cameras and just look for another one at charity shops. I pretty much use them as disposable cameras for circumstances when I would not want to risk one of my Leicas. However, I currently have one which is proving to be unbreakable, a Yashica 110W auto focus "Zoomate" compact and I am afraid its 28-110mm lens (a crib of a Zeiss design) is rather better than the 28-70 Vario Elmar R I am using on my R9. The Yashica survived having buckets of coloured dye thrown over it during the Holi Festival in India and since has also survived being dropped onto a sandy beach and getting soaked during a boat ride on rough water.....and all for £8 from the charity shop, complete boxed and with the instructions. I have become rather fond of it and will be sad when it finally dies. 

Wilson

Yes it looks possible to unscrew the rear element and access the shutter.  I too resist the cheaper camera buying urge, but I’m sort of an “Ansco Kick” presently. It does seem like the front lens and filter ring Should simply unscrew, but I’m reluctant to try until someone pitches in with their DIY on this early camera.  Later Minolta hi matics use a cds cell within the filter ring, which has spanner detects.  This camera has none.  Perhaps a gum lens rubber?

Amazon may be your friend. I needed some to remove some sticky label residue from the bodywork of my Morgan and of course, there are no such things as tobacconists any more. The local shops only had butane gas lighter refills but Amazon was able to deliver a can of Zippo in a couple of days. 

Wilson

TOPAZ sharpen, just a try.

Edited by jankap

7 hours ago, wlaidlaw said:

Amazon may be your friend. I needed some to remove some sticky label residue from the bodywork of my Morgan and of course, there are no such things as tobacconists any more. The local shops only had butane gas lighter refills but Amazon was able to deliver a can of Zippo in a couple of days. 

Wilson

If you don’t want to use white spirit, try spray furniture polish for removing sticky label glue.