PC Connector M8

vor 16 Stunden schrieb tommonego@gmail.com:

I am reasonably sure the answer is "there isn't one" but just checking to see if I missed something. I had to do our passport pictures, Metz potato masher into an umbrella. Put on a hot shoe adapter all worked out. But did I miss anything? 

Leica M8 and M8.2 have an USB 2 interface, please read page 121 of the Leica M8 instructions:

"Transferring data to a computer
The LEICA M8 is compatible with the following operating systems: Microsoft® : Windows® XP Apple® Macintosh® : Mac® OS X
The LEICA M8 is equipped with a USB 2.0 interface for transferring data to a computer. This allows fast data transfer to computers with the same kind of interface.
The computer used must have either a USB port (for direct connection to the LEICA M 😎 or a card reader for SD cards.

Note: When using a USB connection, note the following: Connecting two or more devices to a computer or connecting using a hub or extension cables can result in malfunctions. Connecting and transferring the data with Windows® XP

1. Use the supplied USB cable (C) to connect the USB socket (1.34) on the LEICA M8 to the USB socket on the computer.
First the flap (1.26) over the USB socket on the camera must be pulled downwards to open it.
• A message appears on the Desktop informing you that the LEICA M8 has been detected as new hardware (only the first time this connection is made).
2. Double click on this message (first time only).
a. A drop-down menu headed “M8 Digital Camera” will appear for the data transfer wizard.
3. Click on “OK” and follow the further instructions by the wizard to copy pictures in the usual way to a folder of your choice for future access."

You can use the USB 2 interface not only for data transfer, which is quite slow, but also for immediate viewing of the currently photographed image on the screen of the connected computer.
You can also trigger the camera remotely via the computer.

vor 45 Minuten schrieb a.noctilux:

I think that the OP is refering to Prontor-Compur

for his Metz flash connection.

I was looking for a flash connection, now I know PC means Prontor-Compur. I also found the USB connector, may try that out in the future. All good things to know. Glad that a cheap hotshoe to PC connector works.

Edited by tommonego@gmail.com

vor 3 Stunden schrieb a.noctilux:

I think that the OP is refering to Prontor-Compur

for his Metz flash connection.

Misunderstandings due to abbreviations: Most people will associate "PC" with "Personal Computer" and "Political Correctness".🙂

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/10/2021 at 6:10 PM, mnutzer said:

Misunderstandings due to abbreviations: Most people will associate "PC" with "Personal Computer" and "Political Correctness".🙂

... or Police Constable.  One of those didn't come with my M8.^_^

Pete.

• Haha 3