Winnipeg Skyline

jtharvie

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Taken at the edge of the city in the Municipality of Rosser.

RAW, then adjusted in PSC2 using levels, shadows/highlights & a bit of contrast. 5% Cooling Filter 82. This reminds me of my Dad's Ectachrome slides from the 1960's. Don't know what I did to get all the noise? I did try the Noise Reduction in PS but I have to learn the proper settings.

There's a good shot in here...

;)

You have done a fair amount of PS work, which could account for the noise. I am not sure if the cooling filter is doing you any favours here, either John.

Did you by any chance get closer up to the bales, with the skyline in the background?

Hi Andy,

I am presently reading on how to calibrate my monitor which may account for the "Over PS". As for the close up, no I didn't walk out into the field as I didn't have permission and they were in the midst of harvest . . . best keep out of the way of Mother Bears with cubs and Farmers on Machines at Harvest! I do have one with graineries in the background and a bale in the foreground but not one of the city skyline. I'll calibrate the monitor and post that one.

Cheers,

JTH

PS. Nice Lighthouses, particularly "Virgina Wolfe".

jth