Why not wait a few weeks and see if a CL2 is launched?  You might have more options to consider and a wider choice. I would favour my second camera being similar in handling to the first.

I get the draw of a T. Cool camera and they’re cheap at around $500 complete in the box in many places.

BUT...next thing I’d do is get a Visoflex, taking the setup to over $1,000.

I’d probably opt for a nice second-hand CL if I knew I wasn’t going to be spending what’ll have to be way more for any upcoming model update.

The only reason I consider the T is because it’s relatively inexpensive. I’m happy with the CL for the 55-135... I use the 11-23 far less and it is a bore to switch out of a lens that I frequently use. I’ll not buy a visoflex as the back screen should suffice with the wide angle. 
i just wonder if the T will work well in this setup. 

alex

Edited by mustafasoleiman

It all comes down to how you like shooting while using the back LCD, especially outdoors in bright light. I think the camera design is brilliant. I’ve tried a friend’s TL2 and love it....with the Visoflex attached.

I prefer bringing the camera up to my eye, camera held in close to my body to stabilize and composing in the finder. Just me. Too old and used to shooting that way and I absolutely hate composing/taking pictures with a phone.

Edited by Gregm61

I've used this setup for the last 3 years or so, without the visoflex. The screen is very good except in bright sun where it can get hard to see without shading it in some way. The combination works really well, easy to focus, pretty good balance on the camera, and I found the T is easier to hold than the cl for me. I also like the output a lot. Two quibbles: info appears overlaid in a thin strip at top of screen when the shutter is pressed, I haven't found a way to prevent that; and the focus more info in the strip is really small font between afs and afc

There is nothing wrong with removing and attaching lenses to the camera, they are designed for that.

Carrying 2 cameras hanging can carry an almost higher risk of colliding with each other.

This bag is the one I use, it is not expensive if you buy it here and it works well ..:  https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32707714994.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.928163c0SrVllR

It is similar to the one sold at Leica but much cheaper.

If you still want to go lighter, you can look for other options with smaller bags.

On 3/5/2021 at 7:13 PM, mustafasoleiman said:

The only reason I consider the T is because it’s relatively inexpensive. I’m happy with the CL for the 55-135... I use the 11-23 far less and it is a bore to switch out of a lens that I frequently use. I’ll not buy a visoflex as the back screen should suffice with the wide angle. 
i just wonder if the T will work well in this setup. 

alex

It will, I do the same between CL and TL. The only drawback is the slightly lower resolution of the T/TL which may matter for wideangle photography, depending on subject.

35 minutes ago, jaapv said:

It will, I do the same between CL and TL. The only drawback is the slightly lower resolution of the T/TL which may matter for wideangle photography, depending on subject.

Funny you should mention that... My thinking was that for wide-angle photography lower resolution was less of an issue because I felt that the need to enlarge might be more needed when using a telephoto which might not have reached as far as needed...

Anyway just got one cheap T from the bay and getting it next week... Can't wait!

Alex

On 3/5/2021 at 8:49 AM, mustafasoleiman said:

Hello, I have a CL with the 55-135 and the 11-23... I am thinking of getting a used Leica T to pair it with the 11-23 so I do not have to switch lenses... Do you think that would work well?

Any issues with the Leica T I should be aware of?

Alex

Of course it won't be as convenient as another CL, but I can't see why not.

I also hate switching lenses on the go. I have used my T with prime lens and OVF. It works great. 

On 3/6/2021 at 7:57 PM, jaapv said:

The point is that foliage etc. is smaller detail. Long lens photography enlarges more and shows the details larger.

So as we not forget what this is all about, here is a picture taken with the T and the 11-23... An homage to Jaapv in particular and to all for the help given.

Alex

Edited by mustafasoleiman

let's try again...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!