1.106 Firmware query

ahl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have just taken delivery of my M8 which is loaded with 1.106 version of the firmware.

Should I upgrade to version 1.107? Is there much difference or should I leave well alone if everything works OK?

I have been reading the forum for many months and it has helped me greatly, so many thanks to the regular contributors who have kindly shared their experience and solutions.

Alain

If you have all weekend to spare, read these if you haven't done so already... ;)

Bugs and Issues:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/30126-m8-firmware-1-107-bugs-issues.html

Features and Positive Experiences:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/30125-m8-firmware-1-107-features-positive.html

1.106 was never released as a field upgrade, it must have been a version they used in the factory for a time. Impossible to know then what the differences are between 1.106 and 1.107. 1.107 got off to a bad start and was withdrawn with a couple of hours and later replaced.

I'd upgrade to 1.107 if I were you.

M8 firmware is still a work in progress and we're still looking for things like improved AWB, improved JPEG rendering plus there are still odd things with the SD card support which crop up from time to time, not to mention scrolling and display problems, among others.

Does suggest your camera was made in early July (at a guess).

Guest guy_mancuso

Never heard of 1.106 so it must be something that went through the factory very quickly or not supposed to be in that body. i would update it as just a matter of course