Wear holster on waist

Advertisement (gone after registration)

How about wearing the holster like this?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

This is the best way

Makes me think of a gunslinger.  The third position seems the best to me so that you're less likely to bump the Q into anything since it expands your width less than in  the other two images.

5 hours ago, Ouroboros said:

That clears another little problem up then.

Next.....

6 hours ago, stuny said:

Makes me think of a gunslinger.  The third position seems the best to me so that you're less likely to bump the Q into anything since it expands your width less than in  the other two images.

6 hours ago, 250swb said:

In Europe it would probably be best to avoid places where people might be sensitive to gunmen, the culture of seeing holsters in public places isn't as common as the USA.

The position of the first two pics doesn't really work that well, since the holster could flap forward, unless there is a strap that ties the other corner of the holster. In any case, I do wish there is a bucket on the strap like the Zegna version without costing 4 times as much.

The third position is really good. The holster sits stably, even more so than over-the-shoulder. I am able to draw and stow within 2s, about the startup/shutdown time. This quick draw/stow is particularly important when the family demands free hands all the time.

I just need to make sure I look dorky enough to be a camera man and not to practice drawing next to an officer.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

ugly and pretentious, not exactly a way to stay unobtrusive if you see the Q as a streetshooter, don't like the association with war either

Edited by otto.f

The low position on the upper leg will put too much movement to the camera, on the hip would be the better position.
Also I consider the hip position more protected than the upper leg one to avoid smashing the camera against something.

As I wrote several times,
I have the camera either in my hand secured with Leica Grip, Tumb Grip and particularly the finger loop, or in a sling backpack if not used for a longer time.
This makes it virtually impossible to drop the camera and even if I should fall the possibility that I can protect the camera from smashing in something is higher.

Chris