Review: The New Leica APO-Summicron-M 35mm F2 ASPH.

jonoslack

Advertisement (gone after registration)

50 minutes ago, jdlaing said:

That’s primer. Here’s the finish coat:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Looks very nice, JD, but I prefer Two Swallows spiced rum.  My preference used to be Dark Matter Rum, when available or  Lambs Navy Rum or Myers Original Dark straight from the barrel.  But my taste has changed and Two Swallows tickles my taste buds the most now.

Pete.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, farnz said:

Looks very nice, JD, but I prefer Two Swallows spiced rum.  My preference used to be Dark Matter Rum, when available or  Lambs Navy Rum or Myers Original Dark straight from the barrel.  But my taste has changed and Two Swallows tickles my taste buds the most now.

Pete.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I don’t go for the spiced stuff but my favorite, not being able to get Black Tot, is El Dorado 8 year.  I drink this stuff straight.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, farnz said:

Pete.

9 hours ago, jdlaing said:

I don’t go for the spiced stuff but my favorite, not being able to get Black Tot, is El Dorado 8 year.  I drink this stuff straight.

I can still remember leaning out of the back of Bill's pickup truck when I was 15 vomiting over the side into the darkness . . . . . . . never really been able to drink rum since then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My favourite is either Doorly's XO (used to be owned by my brother-in-law in Barbardos before they sold to Bacardi) or Damoiseau 5 year old Guadeloupe rum. My brother-in-law arranged for my kids to be shown round the Malibu (revolting stuff with lime flavoured coconut milk in it) rum plant in Bridgetown and as a couple of them were under 18, I had to accompany as a responsible adult. I asked the plant manager who was showing us round the blending plant room: "How long do you mature the rum before adding it to the other ingredients?" He pointed to a pipe and said: "You see the pipe there that goes up the wall and over the ceiling, then down to the blending machine. That comes straight out of the still, so the rum is matured for about 5 minutes. Given how nasty it tastes, I am surprised it is that long. 

Wilson

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

22 minutes ago, alexreiterer said:

I would be very interested to see pictures comparing the Summilux-M 35 mm ASPH. FLE and the new APO. I would be interested in a comparison of the bokeh at f/2.0. Can any of you make such a comparison?

It is all online if you search via Leicarumours. 

Wilson

• Thanks 1

Once a year I ought to post a photo on the forum 🤔

Thanks to you guys on this thread (except Jono of cause) I feel good again. (No misunderstandings: Jono makes everybody feel good :) !)
I‘ll continue to be rewarded only with a bottle or a pint, or mostly with homemade cookies for my humble photos.

Edited by tri

Last night I noticed that Leica US online store had a copy.  I fell sleep and woke up six hours later, thinking to myself "it must be gone by now", but it was still there, so I grabbed it.  I almost feel bad for those who are in a year long waiting list.  They also have a copy of the Noctilux 1.2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrFriendly said:

Last night I noticed that Leica US online store had a copy.  I fell sleep and woke up six hours later, thinking to myself "it must be gone by now", but it was still there, so I grabbed it.  I almost feel bad for those who are in a year long waiting list.  They also have a copy of the Noctilux 1.2.

Congratulations!  Another Member has already posted they bought the Noctilux. 

I know others who are on a waiting list so you did well.

• Like 1

Am 22.5.2021 um 19:18 schrieb pedaes:

If you watch the Red Dot revue in post #328, about half way through is a detailed example and explanation of what you are asking.

Sorry.... The lens has been mounted on a SL not on a M. Forthermore the comparison is f/1.4 vs f/2.0 and not f/2.0 on both lenses. This is not really an objective view. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, alexreiterer said:

Sorry.... The lens has been mounted on a SL not on a M. Forthermore the comparison is f/1.4 vs f/2.0 and not f/2.0 on both lenses. This is not really an objective view. 

Bokeh is normally compared at full aperture for each lens. It would make little to no difference that an SL was used rather than an M, as the 27.80mm flange focal distance would apply to both cameras, once the M to L adapter is taken into account. Bokeh is lens not camera dependant. 

Wilson

• Like 1