The Leica APO-Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH - First Impressions

Advertisement (gone after registration)

51 minutes ago, Keith (M) said:

II Remember Correctly 

You remember correctly. We’re likely to be one of the last European country to adopt mandatory shit pick up, which is a pity. Such a bad idea. 

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or, take a workshop........ I've been making my living at producing images in photography and film for many decades, long enough to know just how to make an indifferent shot work perhaps and to please a client or myself, or both along the way.....BUT there's always room to learn from others be it in books or taking workshops that can help shove you out of the creative mire that's all to easy to sink into irrespective of how long you've been doing the dance. So yes Jeff, well pointed out.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

No idea Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Steven said:

You remember correctly. We’re likely to be one of the last European country to adopt mandatory shit pick up, which is a pity. Such a bad idea. 

If an intelligent alien being, visiting earth, saw one species picking up the fecal matter of another species, which species would the alien reasonably believe to be in command?

lulz...

35 minutes ago, Danner said:

If an intelligent alien being, visiting earth, saw one species picking up the fecal matter of another species, which species would the alien reasonably believe to be in command?

lulz...

Well, there's that problem. And the one of pollution too. Mother earth doesnt like the plastic bag we use to pick up the poo. She loves poo, on the other hand. 

3 hours ago, Danner said:

lulz...

And if a species was seen kneeling down with a viewing device to greet the smelly pile from 30 cm, the alien might suspect poo worship.

Jeff

Dog shit is an urban, and a suburban problem. Created by people who want a dog in an unsuitable environment.

Rural areas suffer less, dogs go off the track to defecate because there is space. Beetles love it. Beetles are very good for the environment. They love a big dump! Rain falls, beetles survive, everywhere is clean again.

With 30cm focus, it gives those Leica owners who live in the countryside a chance to try to photograph the real defenders ... the beetles.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Beetles ...

"It's been a hard day's night and I've been pooing like a dog ..." Etc., etc., ad nauseam.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, lct said:

I don't plan to buy for other reasons but heavy lens scrutiny is to be expected on lenses that expensive and the good old "it's normal dude" explanation may not sound satisfactory to everybody.

I dont think I know anyone who uses the word “dude” but I think I understand your point. I tend to scrutinize any and all lenses. But maybe classify that process to one of my own top ten least favorite things to do. Necessary evil new or used at any and all price levels,  but I’d rather just take pictures 😉

Edited by LBJ2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 minutes ago, LBJ2 said:

I dont think I know anyone who uses the word “dude” but I think I understand your point. I tend to scrutinize any and all lenses. But maybe classify that process to one of my own personal top ten least favorite things to do.  Necessary evil new or use at all piece levels, but I’d rather just take pictures 😉

Good post dude.

3 hours ago, Jeff S said:

And if a species was seen kneeling down with a viewing device to greet the smelly pile from 30 cm, the alien might suspect poo worship.

Jeff

The only people on planet earth that wouldn't say WTF is that dude doing would be us LUF members. We'd be like, "Oh man, that guy must have just gotten that brand new 35 APO and he wants to see what his dog ate last night."

10 hours ago, gtownby said:

My thinking is that the close focusing on the new lens suggests that the next generation of M cameras will have an internal EVF.

That could be a possibility, but i love shooting RF, besides my MP wont like an evf i suppose

9 hours ago, Jeff S said:

Jeff

But once they see I hold a 35 APO, the aliens will worship me, or at least PK. 

Steven something worthy of such great a great development in photography , not something your dog created.

Something with strong side light , deep shadows and texture . Bustling streets of people , scrub that were in a pandemic.

Just do a study of light and reflections

Regards

Matthew  

1 hour ago, matt736 said:

Steven something worthy of such great a great development in photography , not something your dog created.

Something with strong side light , deep shadows and texture . Bustling streets of people , scrub that were in a pandemic.

Just do a study of light and reflections

Regards

Matthew  

Fair enough. My outings these days, due to lockdown, being limited to my dog walks, it has been difficult to find something worthy. But I promise, for the sake of this 27 page thread, to find something less crappy to photograph this weekend. Wish me luck.

Thankyou Steven , Now I did not suggest that your photographs were 'crappy,' and as we are all in a pandemic lockdown with rubbish weather finding something that makes a  Leica 35mm APO sing is a tough call. Maybe they should have released the lens when it is more widely available and we are all out of lock down , then we could all be more creative.

Regards

Matthew