Rediscovering my M6 TTL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After I purchased my M Monochrome CCD I have unfortunately put my film cameras on the shelf and haven't shot any film for many years.
Tonight I went through my film cameras to make sure they all still worked... :)
I picked up my old M6 TTL 0.85 , put some fresh batteries in it and made sure everything was working properly. I found that just holding the camera was inspiring again...
Below is a photo (with modified "black dot") and sporting a borrowed Noctilux that a friend lent me for a week many years ago. I'll most likely be shooting with my 50 Summilux when I take her out.
Will post photos sometime in the future of redicovering film once more.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 11

• 5 months later...
On 2/26/2021 at 6:57 PM, PeterMM1 said:

After I purchased my M Monochrome CCD I have unfortunately put my film cameras on the shelf and haven't shot any film for many years.
Tonight I went through my film cameras to make sure they all still worked... :)
I picked up my old M6 TTL 0.85 , put some fresh batteries in it and made sure everything was working properly. I found that just holding the camera was inspiring again...
Below is a photo (with modified "black dot") and sporting a borrowed Noctilux that a friend lent me for a week many years ago. I'll most likely be shooting with my 50 Summilux when I take her out.
Will post photos sometime in the future of redicovering film once more.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Agree, there is something magical about hold a Leica, regardless if it is an M2, M6 or even a M10-R.

I have shot Canan professionally for 20 years but  when I hold an M camera in my hands, I feel more creative.

The reason I do not shoot like a professionally is the software is too clunky and my clients are normally on site viewing images through an iPad or a laptop. 

I have owned two M6 TTLs', one was made in 1998 and a Millennium. They're great cameras and a joy to use. Like the M5, the designers tried to push the M camera forward with features designed to make them more user friendly. The M6 TTL metering arrows turn in the same direction of the shutter speed dial unlike the original M6 and as with the M5 the shutter speed dial overhangs the front plate just enough to be able to adjust the speeds while the camera was at your eye. Those design changes still exist in the M7 and into the digital age. The introduction of TTL flash was a great idea but the secondary manufactures never caught on. The choices were either a huge Metz 54 or the underpowered SF-20/24d which could have been so much better if it had a swiveling reflector. I'm glad to have owned them and hopefully the new owners are getting plenty of use out of them. Enjoy yours.

• Like 1