How Long Should I Expect the Q2 Backorder to Last?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I ordered a Q2 at BH Photo a month ago.  I'm also on the call list at my local Leica store.  Backordered and no one can give me any information as to when I can expect it.  Does anyone have any insight based on experience or otherwise?  It's a gift, and I'd like to give the recipient a sense of likely timing.

Thanks.  

4 hours ago, PLW said:

I ordered a Q2 at BH Photo a month ago.  I'm also on the call list at my local Leica store.  Backordered and no one can give me any information as to when I can expect it.  Does anyone have any insight based on experience or otherwise?  It's a gift, and I'd like to give the recipient a sense of likely timing.

Thanks.  

i underestimated the difficulty it would be to get one and thus i missed out on a new one at precision camera in austin and two very good deals on ebay by not bidding enough. so i haunted ebay for 3 days straight by creating an alert for new listings and it finally paid off with a mint or near new one for $900 less than list. i didn't want to pay for the new car smell if i didn't have to, so that was perfect. i guess for  a gift, buying used isn't an option though. 

i figured more people would do as they usually do, buy one, review it, then sell it. turns out most of those people were so impressed they kept them. 

/guy

Edited by gteague

Leica has spent the last few months building the Q2M and now the Q2 007. When this is done they will go back to the regular Q2. This can take many more months. You'll probably be able to get the 007 version if you don't mind spending $2,000 more for looks.

Edited by Miltz

Hello,  I am new here (intro made in the welcome thread) and picked up my new Q2 from Park Cameras in the UK. I am not sure where you are based but they still have a couple in stock. It took two days from order to delivery this week.

If  you are in the UK, perhaps worth contacting Park Cameras. I have no affiliation, just letting you know they have them right now.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

If you are still looking you should join the private Leica Classified Group on FaceBook.  The administrators try to vet all the members to keep scammers out and I have seen Q2s on sale there.  Of course, you always need to be diligent in using PayPal with Buyer or Seller protection but I have had good luck so far.  Here's the link:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/leicaclassifieds/ 

On 2/26/2021 at 4:16 PM, PLW said:

Thanks.  

It is my understanding tht as of Yesterday Leica Washington DC had 2 in stock

On 2/28/2021 at 5:42 AM, PLW said:

The store in DC has none in stock now but they were able to get one for me from another store, maybe Boston.  Thanks for the advice.  

Are you local?  The guys in the DC store are great.  I actually got one of the ones that they got in recently....I was on their waiting list but only had to wait a month or so.  

Yes, I live in Bethesda.  The camera arrived yesterday.  It's a gift so I haven't unboxed it yet.  I've been a Nikon person forever but a couple years ago bought the Sony A7Riii and a few prime lenses as my lightweight street photography/international marketplaces camera and it's been great.  But who knows maybe I'll move to the Q2 or the Q2M to fill that role.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 9:26 AM, Craig Clark said:

Are you local?  The guys in the DC store are great.  I actually got one of the ones that they got in recently....I was on their waiting list but only had to wait a month or so.  

Me, too, but I was never on a waiting list. I had been considering a used CL and lens combo, bur decided to hold out for a Q2. When I told them they explained they were expecting some Q2s in a few days and asked if I wanted to reserve one. You bet I did. Hard to imagine a better shop.

Just a heads up that I was able to get one yesterday from the DC Leica store. They had a few in stock at the time.

I had back-ordered one through B&H, but felt like, between the price increase and store closing for Passover, it was unlikely I'd get one before April (and I'm not sure they would honor the price at which I ordered it).

On 3/5/2021 at 10:26 AM, Craig Clark said:

The DC store didn't have any when I called but the connected me to the great store manager in Boston. I think I even bumped someone off the wait list because I was ready to buy that day.

Sorry if that's one of you guys!

The Leica Store in DC got me one.  And thereafter District Camera in DC called me to say they had some.  Seems like you shouldn't have to wait this long.  

• 3 weeks later...