Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone else had any problems connecting the GPS to the M10 Monochrom?  Most of the time, I see in the rear screen that the GPS icon has an "x" through it...obviously not connected.
I have the Visoflex connected to the camera and the GPS turned on in the menu. 
I realize there are areas that pose a problem for GPS connections, but I have tried various types of environments.
Am I missing something?  I've only had it connect sporadically over the past few weeks. 
Thanks.

31 minutes ago, sml_photo said:

Has anyone else had any problems connecting the GPS to the M10 Monochrom?  Most of the time, I see in the rear screen that the GPS icon has an "x" through it...obviously not connected.
I have the Visoflex connected to the camera and the GPS turned on in the menu. 
I realize there are areas that pose a problem for GPS connections, but I have tried various types of environments.
Am I missing something?  I've only had it connect sporadically over the past few weeks. 
Thanks.

I have the VisoFlex on a Leica M10-R and the GPS has problems locking on to the GPS satellites. Because the Visoflex itself is so small, the GPS antenna needs to be small. It doesn’t work at all inside buildings and has trouble in the woods and cities with tall buildings. When it doesn’t have enough satellites to calculate a location, it will show an exclamation mark, “!”. It also takes its time calculating your location, so if location is important to you, you need to leave the camera switched on (with the attendant battery drain — i take 2 or 3 extra batteries with me when I go for a hike in the woods. It still weighs less than my Nikon D5, which can take a thousand shots and last several days on one charge) and watch for the little wave lines underneath the GPS icon before taking your photograph. Ones body also seems to interfere with receiving the signal. So it may take a bit for it to calculate your location after you bring the camera to your eye. 

Some cameras will let you get GPS coordinates from your mobile phone GPS, which in the iPhone at least is much more sensitive in my experience.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hotshew
      Hi, I am new to the S system (S3) and I have yet to get a GPS lock when outdoors. The camera's GPS function is enabled (On) in the menus and the  satellite indicator appears in the top LCD screen with an X, indicating no lock (and I can confirm no GPS metadata in image). Are there any known issues I should be aware of and, if not, how long does it typically take to get a GPS lock assuming open field with no line of site issues? I've searched the forum and found some GPS related post cover time sync problem, but I'm getting nothing. I'm not getting a lock in the same locations that I would get a fast (<10-15s) using my 1Dxii.
      Any help appreciated,
      Thanks!
      -Roland.

• By clngood
      Dear all,

I bought the "reporter edition" of M10-P about 5 months ago. And it constantly has freezing issue. For the past few weeks, it's just been way too often, like 1 out 2 days it would freeze. I always turn the EV on when I'm shooting, and before it's about to freeze, the EV looks like it's having dropped frames, pretty lagging and then it would freeze, so I have to take the battery out and restart the camera. And many times it just freezes after I turn the camera on, I don't even get to press the shutter.

Yesterday, I went out shooting and it froze again, but this time, after I restarted the camera like I always did, I found that the screen got a dark horizontal line on the very top of it (please view the photo I uploaded). I checked the photos, it's usually without the line on them, unless the ISO is 4000 or higher, then I got part of the line (or banding?) on the left side.

Is this normal? Should I send the camera in for a replacement of the CMOS or something?

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Al Brown
      Do you use a half case? Show us the images of your beauties! What are in your opinion the benefits? What is the best half case out there? Curious and eager to see!
    • By Bornosor
      Hi
      i’ve just got my first digital Leica, an M10R.
      coming from a canon background im used to connecting my camera directly to my mac and having the eos utility automatically download and organize my photos into different folders sorted by date,
      Obviously thats not the case with the Leica and i have to connect the sd card to my mac in which all the photos are stores in one folder that i have to manually create date stamped folders for on my hard drive.
      is there any way (in camera or through an app) that i can do something similar to the canon eos utility with the leica sd card and automatically import all the photos on it into date stamped folders?