Digilux 2 firmware problem

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just brought a D2 but I have a problem. When I turn on the D2 without the SD card all the function is good but once I inserted the SD card the shutter speed button is out of control. When I press down the shutter speed button it take around 10-15 seconds to shoot a photo and each 10-15 seconds it will automatically shoot another photo. And so wired when I look at the photo info in my PC it shows it is took by D3 not D2 but every time I reboot the camera it will allow me to press the shutter speed button again ... here is photo that I check my firmware in D2 ... anyone know how to fix it ? 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It's been a long time since I last used a D2. However, I seem to remember that I had the same issues with the apparent speed of the shutter release. It turned out that the speed became quite acceptable once I turned off the raw format. The JPEGs produced by the D2 are very good and I never could produce more pleasing images from the DNGs than those delivered by the firmware in the camera.

• Like 2

When the camera was sold new, it came with a 64 Mb memory card, unbelievable today. If the card you are using was included with the camera you bought, it might contain legacy imprints from previous use,  possibly from other non-Digilux 2 cameras. That might account for the spurious results you see. If the card does not exceed 2 Gb, reformat the card in camera. Also consider the Menu option 'Reset' which will eliminate any previous user settings.

Try a different memory card, not exceeding 2 Gb.

Ensure you have a fully-charged battery.

Please report back what you find.

Edited by wda

2 hours ago, pop said:

It's been a long time since I last used a D2. However, I seem to remember that I had the same issues with the apparent speed of the shutter release. It turned out that the speed became quite acceptable once I turned off the raw format. The JPEGs produced by the D2 are very good and I never could produce more pleasing images from the DNGs than those delivered by the firmware in the camera.

That is not surprising, as the Digilux2 does not produce DNG files. .CRW, if memory serves.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, pop said:

I tried both in RAW and JPEGs but the problem is same. Now I need to press the shutter speed button and wait around 10s to shoot a photo. Maybe I will take the camera to the Leica store to see if they can help me to solve the problem

22 hours ago, Jeff Lee said:

I tried both in RAW and JPEGs but the problem is same. Now I need to press the shutter speed button and wait around 10s to shoot a photo. Maybe I will take the camera to the Leica store to see if they can help me to solve the problem

Have you tried a different memory card?