Televid 77 with 20-60 Ocular

wlaidlaw

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For the last 15+ years, I have been using a cheap Burris spotting scope with a straight ocular at my French house for the wonderful view from my terrace and picture window, looking out some 50 miles down the valley of the Bresque, towards Mont Ste Victoire, behind Aix-en-Provence. My house is built right at the edge of a 1000 foot high escarpment. The Burris scope was not very good 25 years ago when I bought it from Jessops and has deteriorated since. I came across a second hand Televid 77 scope with the ocular I wanted, the angled zoom 20 to 60X, for sale on eBay at a reasonable cost from a seller with 100% good feedback and who over the years, had sold a few other Leica items. It arrived today and is in very nice condition with one of those tight fitting raincoats to use when birdwatching in the pouring rain, which I shall probably sell off as not required. It was missing its ocular cap (Leica 42327 52mm push on cap), which I found on eBay today at a modest cost. I am amazed just how good the Televid 77 is. Apparently Leica's 60X is a lot greater magnification that the 60X on my Burris scope by I would guess close to 30%. The fast and slow focus knobs enable far more precise focusing than the single control on the Burris and the clarity on the Televid is far greater than the Burris and extends across the whole of the field not just the centre. One of my better buys. 

Wilson