Most 'Leica like' lens?

leffe

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Lars, I must be a child compared to you. I started to take shoots 60 years later than you (I also suppose that I'm 60 years younger) so I guess that we are attracted to opposite lenses after all, lol

It is not about imitating but taking a shot with required aesthetical content. Look at Christer Strömholm's works ;) (one of my favorites)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cartier-Bresson (etc. etc.) did use the sharpest lenses they could have, and he of all people would have adored a 50mm Summilux ASPH on his M3. All the old masters used imperfect lenses, not by choice but out of necessity.

Caruso would also have sounded better digitally recorded.

The old man from the Age of the IIIa

Hey, Lars.

Actually Bresson is famous for saying 'sharpness is a bourgeois concept.'

He seems to have meant what he said. Bresson shot with a collapsible Summicron from it's introduction in 1954 until the end.

If you examined his prints in person you would be shocked to see just how many were out of focus or soft.

;-)

• 9 years later...

If you examined his prints in person you would be shocked to see just how many were out of focus or soft.

This is true. I've been to HCBF in Paris and was surprised at the level of this. It allowed me to relax on being technically perfect and looking for more in the picture. Since that moment, I see little point in qualifying for distinctions in photography were technical perfection is the criteria.