why are there so many m10's for sale on eBay ?

mort linder

Advertisement (gone after registration)

i nave had an m8 for a year or so , and it is my go to camera . i have been thinking about an m10 , but they are a bit too expensive for me . 

i have been following them on eBay hoping for a reasonable price . i am amazed at the huge number that are for sale . seems there are

more m10's for sale then any other m model . anyone have an idea why there are so many ?

With two upgrades on the market (-P and -R), plus the M10-M and the not exactly vanished M10-D, there are a  large number of owners who have happily upgraded or joined with a mere M10 - (nothing to add) and some of them feel they must be missing out on something important.  This is a bit of psychology that car manufacturers have long known.  Until recently, Leica restricted these evil instincts to their celebrity-oriented  gold-plated special edition marketing  teams, and let the engineers just release better cameras when they  were ready.  But stay the course!  I bought a lovely M2 when the Nikon F had become the professional standard, and use it to this day.  (I also have an M10-R.)

Edited by scott kirkpatrick
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

vor 5 Stunden schrieb crf59:

Don't look at it as a problem, look at it as an opportunity....

... yes, I think so, too. The M10 was a big success for Leica and comparatively many people bought one. But in a camera universe ruled by GAS and some kind of “easy buy, easy sell” mentality, probably many people bought a M10, played a little around with it, missed the autofocus and/or the video capabilities ... and sold it. And with Covid-19 strangling many businesses affected people sold their luxury cameras to pay their rent and other more important things in life. With every buy-sell-circle the camera becomes a little cheaper and more affordable for more people.

So, on the one hand we have more of these cameras on the second hand market, and on the other hand the camera becomes more accessible - which is good for people who are interested in buying a M10.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I  just searched Ebay UK... two results came up for "Leica M10". One is an ASC and the other result was a case. 

There's 72 results "from International Sellers" and a lot of those just included "M10" to attract you to an accessory etc that they're selling.

So either I'm missing something, or there really aren't many for sale at all. I'm sure if you search for "Sony A9" or "Nikon Z7" there would be far more.

• Like 3

vor 14 Stunden schrieb w44neg:

I  just searched Ebay UK... two results came up for "Leica M10". One is an ASC and the other result was a case. 

There's 72 results "from International Sellers" and a lot of those just included "M10" to attract you to an accessory etc that they're selling.

So either I'm missing something, or there really aren't many for sale at all. I'm sure if you search for "Sony A9" or "Nikon Z7" there would be far more.

Gave it a try in Ebay Germany. A number of 57 results for Leica M10! Least costing one for 4700 Euro.

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=leica+m10&_sacat=0

Edited by jankap
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jankap said:

Gave it a try in Ebay Germany. A number of 57 results for Leica M10! Least costing one for 4700 Euro.

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=leica+m10&_sacat=0

Looking at the results though, almost 20 of those are the Monochrom or Limited Editions etc. There's still around 30x M10s for sale but it's a four year old camera and there's millions of people living in Germany. I'm sure there's a LOT more 5Ds, Sonys, Panasonics etc

• Like 2

Used M10 cameras in the UK and where to find them..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1