Anything wrong with buying used?

Snipe10

18 minutes ago, P1505 said:

In all seriousness, we’re the first batch Ok? Seen a mint black 2017 for sales. Boxed like new for £4k

First release did not exhibit any problems, but that basic M10 does not have all the features of the M10-P which was the next release.  Also note that the basic M10 is no longer produced.

No touch screen or ability to accept the very recently released firmware upgrade that provided in-camera perspective adjustment.

That might explain the lower price.

Despite that, I am very happy with my M10.

Edited by lucerne
  • Like 1

That’s fine. Once set up I never use the screen again apart to format the card. It literally has that one use. And perspective fixes I’d do in software if ever, which is never.

I think if it’s like the M9 but slimmer I’ll be happy. Less is more as they say :)

18 minutes ago, P1505 said:

That’s fine. Once set up I never use the screen again apart to format the card. It literally has that one use. And perspective fixes I’d do in software if ever, which is never.

I think if it’s like the M9 but slimmer I’ll be happy. Less is more as they say :)

The display is much better than the M-9 which I also had.  Live view is useful and links to alternative metering with adjustable exposure point selection.  I'm using that more and more.   I have also replaced the base with the Leica handgrip.  A very underused and underrated accessory.  Better grip and improves performance at very low shutter speeds.

Slimmer?     Definitely.

Edited by lucerne

38 minutes ago, P1505 said:

In all seriousness, we’re the first batch Ok? Seen a mint black 2017 for sales. Boxed like new for £4k

sounds perfect. I think I even know where you have seen it. If its RDC they have good service in case you are worried

• Like 1

Bought the spare M10 battery, so the camera itself won’t be too far away. Going to wait for a month or two just to ensure I focus on my current projects. I like to shoot with the same camera for a project, but I’m easily distracted so if I buy the M10 now that’ll go out the window.

On 2/23/2021 at 7:00 PM, P1505 said:

Ignore my earlier comment I ordered an M10.

Congrats

Some things I have found 

If you like leather half cases check out the artisan and artist. Protects to the top of the camera on both sides with button catches but still very compact. Cases are good in winter when the metal can get very cold. 

Cooph rope wrist straps are great. I bought a cheaper knock off on amazon ;)

The thin profile is quite easy to hand hold, if you think of the entire body like a grip. So I would recommend not running after grips until you have tried it 

The battery is OK for 100s of shots all day if you have photo review switched off and don't use live view (folk report over 500). A second battery is worth it if you are out all day travelling and review photos on the camera

Enjoy !

Cheers.

I have a second battery, ordered it two days before I ordered the camera. I knew I was going to do it ;)

Hoping to head out in a second for a 30 minute lunch walk with it. Initial results from dark interior with my kids are the magic is strong with this one.

2 hours ago, P1505 said:

Cheers.

I have a second battery, ordered it two days before I ordered the camera. I knew I was going to do it ;)

Hoping to head out in a second for a 30 minute lunch walk with it. Initial results from dark interior with my kids are the magic is strong with this one.

My children have been taught this magic word "freeze"

It makes all the difference ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Used cameras are a great way to buy. You save a lot and you can use the savings for a trip or extra lens/accessories.

Most digital cameras, like Leica, drop 30-35% in price within 2 years. The drop is usually steeper after the 2 year warranty expires. 

Have a checklist and go through the selection process.

• Get photos of the body, mounts, LCD (camera on/off), sensor etc. to check for visible defects and blemishes. Gives you a good idea of how it has been handled.
  • Check reliability of seller. Ratings, reviews etc. Google search brings up a wealth of information.
  • Check return policy in case the item is not as advertised.
  • Check on costs not mentioned e.g. duties and taxes if you are buying from overseas.
  • Check if comes with original box and all accessories. Typical (front cap, hot shoe cover, strap, original battery etc.)
  • Extras would be a plus (case, batteries etc.).
  • Don't forget to negotiate.
Edited by rramesh