Looking for an L-bracket for my Leica CL camera

wda

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am looking for an L-Bracket, with Arca Swiss compatibility, for use with my Leica CL camera. Occasionally it will be used with tele-zoom lenses, but mostly with smaller lenses.

There are a few threads on this subject in the forum, dealing specifically with bigger cameras, but none that I could find relevant to the CL. Googling brings up a lot of brand-specific solutions; a few claim to be universal. I would welcome any reports from members of this forum, of user experience with such a device, and recommendations. Thank you.

Edited by wda

I use the Desmond DAL-1 QR L-plate, available from B&H Photo in the USA for about $20. It fits my CL just as well as it fits my Hasselblad 907x, does a great job. This is a universal plate, very simple and basic, with just enough size and adjustability to fit nearly anything I need to deal with.

G

Edited by ramarren
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ruskkyle said:

4 hours ago, wda said:

Thank you. This one is easier to buy in the UK and seems to be well-designed and engineered. Have you used one?

The Three-Legged-Thing Ellie short plate is nicely made, I had one for testing with before I decided on the other plate. It is well-designed and engineered; however, it is more complex, with a number of parts and bolts by comparison. That means more maintenance, ultimately: keeping sure that all the bits are properly snug. The reason I decided on the Desmond DAL-1 was that the transverse slots lent all the adjustability of the Ellie short plate that I needed with a very simple design.

You can get the Desmond DAL-1 plate in the UK via Amazon: Desmond L Plate DAL-1 Quick Release Arca Swiss 

• Like 1

An update: I now have received an Ellie L-bracket, as discussed above. It arrived already assembled and is easy to adjust for different cameras. It is beautifully designed and manufactured and promises to meet my need for accurate repositioning of any camera, once a tripod has been levelled during setting up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Not an L-bracket but I just fashioned this M base plate by carving out a little bit of the bottom part.. it’s a tad big but not ugly I’d say.. it’s a shame they don’t make this for CL

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Another angle

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 11 months later...
On 2/19/2021 at 7:17 PM, wda said:

An update: I now have received an Ellie L-bracket, as discussed above. It arrived already assembled and is easy to adjust for different cameras. It is beautifully designed and manufactured and promises to meet my need for accurate repositioning of any camera, once a tripod has been levelled during setting up.

Bit late I am, but the  3 Legged Thing Universal L Bracket Ellie Short fits the LEICa CL fine, and I can only second WDA. The battery/SD-card door is totally free. It has a good stop, be it that the lens then is not above your tripod's head zero point. Hardly important in most situations.

Easily obtained on both continents and not dear.

https://www.3leggedthing.com/eu/ellie-universal-lbracket-system.html

Edited by vanhulsenbeek
  • Like 1