Advice for those thinking of a M240 in 2021

UltraDan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/25/2022 at 7:18 PM, palmerfralick said:

My Leica M8 is in that class for me. Overpriced, not the latest and best technology but for me the way it looks and it's simplicity to shoot with are to me worth every penny I paid for it. It usually sits a top my Marshall amp looking down on my Les Paul. Buy what you like not what makes sense. Life is not a histogram. 

Love it. 

Not many things can get one excited about dreaming of getting them, feel accomplished acquiring them, and continue to be happy having them. 

• Like 3

I have Leica m240p bought new in 2013 and love it. I was thinking of moving up to M10 but may be not. Fine jpeg out of my M240 is good enough for me in either color or BW.

Beautiful Leica glow out of my M240p that's all I could ask for .

On 3/25/2022 at 11:18 PM, palmerfralick said:

These discussions remind me of my other favorite forum "MYLESPAUL.COM" Gibson has been making Les Paul guitars since 1952. The custom shop versions now cost $6000 to $8000 new and some special additions even more...I have one built in 2015 and it's my precious. Side by side it looks identical to one made in 1959...

If you have a liking for stringed instruments (guitars in general and 'Lesters' in particular) you might enjoy having a scan through this thread(*) and perhaps add a photo of your own set-up if you get the time and have the inclination;

https://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/283484-stringed-instruments/#comments

Philip.

* To single out just one of the wonderful instruments in the thread the LP in post #36 is very sweet...

Edited by pippy
  • Like 1