(I have a distinct sense I'm not alone)

stuny

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Forest buffalo with ox peckers.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

David & DK - Thank you.

Mike - thank you.  it was a wonderful trip, but i can think of nobody Barbara and I know who we would recommend doing the same trip.  One has to be open to long drives on horrid roads, and wet hikes, including some in waist deep water.  But it was wonderful.  You can see the wildlife part of the trip at this link:  Barbara & Stu's Excellent Vacations (barbara-and-stu.com).  the city part of the trip is in another phto gallery on our site.

Brent -

Though there were a lot of interesting insects in the beetle and mantis families, plus tsetse flies, we seldom experienced any bites being outside all day for two weeks in the bush.  We treated our clothing beforehand with Permethrin and wore 30% DEET(applied from single packet towlets) on days when it was likely we'd encounter mosquitoes, though this was one African trip for which we did not need anti-malarials.  Dark clothing in earth tones is best to not attract tsetse flies.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you Henry.  I was using my Vlux114 at least zoomed all the way tele (400MM equivalent), and possibly as much as 800 MM equivalent if I expanded into iZoom, an interpolative bit of Panaleica software on most of their cameras for the last few years.