Sigma fp L on the way?

BlueIn2Red

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Very interesting, I've always been skeptical of Adorama inventory management.

I've frequently found items listed as backordered/pre-order at B&H may show as "in stock" at Adorama..

Until you order it and Adorama says it's out fo stock and will ship later 🙂

Anyway - EVF review, how is it??

These are still difficult times. Manufacturers are having a hard time meeting delivery schedules and the stores have their own challenges in addition. On a recent call to B&H checking in on the Sigma fp-L with EVF (that I ordered during the launch video on March 25) and when they might see a shipment, the customer service guy mentioned he was one of 2100 - virtually everyone working from home. They are a much larger company than Adorama. That said, I thought I would try my first order from Adorama in many years and it seems they followed through with a free overnight shipment for delivery tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alan Friedman said:

These are still difficult times. Manufacturers are having a hard time meeting delivery schedules and the stores have their own challenges in addition. On a recent call to B&H checking in on the Sigma fp-L with EVF (that I ordered during the launch video on March 25) and when they might see a shipment, the customer service guy mentioned he was one of 2100 - virtually everyone working from home. They are a much larger company than Adorama. That said, I thought I would try my first order from Adorama in many years and it seems they followed through with a free overnight shipment for delivery tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed. 

Alan,

I ordered a plastic lab bottle ($7) for my dark room from Adorama last week and it came 48 hrs later for a very modest shipping fee. I was pretty stunned. It would have taken at least a week with B&H. 

Not knocking B&H: still my first choice for a lot of stuff. 

• Like 1

I’d always buy from my local Leica dealer, Bergen County Camera if I can. They actually use their cameras, unlike the folks at B&H, and they know who I am. Good people. As I said to them, however, I wasn’t sure if I would keep this camera and I would rather not buy from them if I am going to return it and cause them unhappiness. But I think in the end I will wind up keeping it. I did buy the Sigma 24 to 70 from BCC yesterday. I didn’t take enough photographs outside today to really justify a post about this camera so I’m gonna wait on the new thread until tomorrow morning when hopefully I will take some photos.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, intermediatic said:

I’d always buy from my local Leica dealer, Bergen County Camera if I can. They actually use their cameras, unlike the folks at B&H, and they know who I am. Good people. As I said to them, however, I wasn’t sure if I would keep this camera and I would rather not buy from them if I am going to return it and cause them unhappiness. But I think in the end I will wind up keeping it. I did buy the Sigma 24 to 70 from BCC yesterday. I didn’t take enough photographs outside today to really justify a post about this camera so I’m gonna wait on the new thread until tomorrow morning when hopefully I will take some photos.

Look forward to your feedback. Have you used the original fp prior to the new version? 
Great to have a local camera retailer that you can visit. They are few and far between these days. I think B&H hires their share of camera geeks, moonlighting artists, Mandler mavens and gear heads at the Ninth Ave store, which is a swell place to visit. I look forward to getting back there.

10 hours ago, intermediatic said:

Love Love Love BCC!  They are my dealer for all things Leica.. was unclear of what they carry from Sigma from their website, I should have called.  
One of my parents grew up nearby so I have a lot of memories of walking around the town with grandma to go shopping for toys&candy.. now Leica is the candy haha.

I'm not local so can't stop by to check.  Do they have/plan to have the EVF itself, maybe I'll just get it from them whenever they have it.. no rush.

BCC does not have the FP-L and I wouldn't count on them getting it. They could have ordered it for me, but as I told them, I'd rather buy it from Adorama since I thought I was likely to return it. I'm keeping it, but it is squirrely and weird. 

BCC does have an assortment of Sigma lenses, but they do go in and out of stock.

K. 

5 hours ago, intermediatic said:

BCC does not have the FP-L and I wouldn't count on them getting it. They could have ordered it for me, but as I told them, I'd rather buy it from Adorama since I thought I was likely to return it. I'm keeping it, but it is squirrely and weird. 

BCC does have an assortment of Sigma lenses, but they do go in and out of stock.

K. 

How it is that, and, despite that, what made you decide to keep it? Thanks!