Voigtlander APO-LANTHAR 35mm f/2 Aspherical VM

padam

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The focus tab like the Nokton classic, oh yeah.

Do you think the updates are just aesthetics? Or considering the price increase, maybe a better IQ? 🤷‍♂️

On 2/15/2021 at 3:14 AM, FrozenInTime said:

The MTF curves of the VC 35mm APO look better than any 35mm M Summicron or Summilux ; Leica should be worried - it's almost at the same level as the 35mm SL Summicron.

Yes, right. We'll see. Be the 35 my most used lens on a RF w/o doubt, these two new 35 makes me think about a new purchase ... I had already the Utron Type I in the wishlist... Maybe time to change it?  

And following the thread in 

✔️

Edited by Dennis

2 hours ago, Dennis said:

Do you think the updates are just aesthetics? Or considering the price increase, maybe a better IQ? 

Just aesthetics, that's why it was released so quickly after the Type I. The street price is probably going to be similar, it is an additional model, the other version will remain in production.

• Thanks 1

My understanding is that the silverchrome V2 Ultra is made of brass whereas the various V1 versions  are "metal".

(Checked specs - 210g vs 170g for V1 so might be the case)

I have been tracking down a copy of the lovely Map Camera special edition of the Classic MC v1 in chromed brass to use as a walk around on my chrome M9M but this is a more affordable/better performer so maybe....🤔

Edited by NigelG
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shu said:

The APO is 8mm longer, 5mm smaller in diameter, and 28g lighter. Also takes a 49mm filter instead of a 52mm. 

I can understand more or less the difference, thank you. But I'm not so visual 🤦‍♂️

How will be the VF blockage?

Today, for example, I shoot a lot with the TT 35/1.4 ... I like the lens. It's big but ok for me. The problem was when I tried to take my first vertical photo ...  It was horrible. I never feel it in this way. 😂
Then I switched back to horizontal orientation, and my soul found peace again! 
Every day I learn a new "understanding" about Leica M; today, I decided that the VF blockage yes matters. With a 35, I don't shoot wider than f/2 ... So the Ultron always interested me in the first place ... Now v2, then the APO ... I'm pretty sure I will get one of them, hopefully soon. Don't know yet which one, I want to know more about them.
Does the APO will perform wow? Does it worth the size? Or the Ultron's just fine, except for the CA? 

What you guys think?

11 hours ago, Dennis said:

I can understand more or less the difference, thank you. But I'm not so visual 🤦‍♂️

How will be the VF blockage?

Here's VF blockage with the Voigtlander 50 APO, which is the same diameter as the 35 APO, but 5mm shorter. The 35mm frame lines will be wider, so the lens will intrude the 35mm frame lines by quite a bit.

Edited by Shu
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, bayernfan said:

You have to be very careful, but you can mount the lens and not rotate it all the way.  35mm lines should appear.

Either way, it is clearly too big for my taste. On the other hand, the Nokton Classic ii looks close to perfect for my interpretation of rangefinder photography. We're lucky to have so much choice!

21 hours ago, bayernfan said:

You have to be very careful, but you can mount the lens and not rotate it all the way.  35mm lines should appear.

Good trick. 35mm frame lines with the 50 APO Lanthar.

• Thanks 2