Voigtlander APO-LANTHAR 35mm f/2 Aspherical VM

padam

43 minutes ago, Joachim_I said:

Surprised that the Ultron already gets a successor. Time flies.

this is interesting and also caught me off guard

I understand that some lens companies update lenses but don't change the version

For example TTArtisan have updated some of their lenses multiple times but have not renamed them.

I know it is a small company, but I actually like the idea that a manufacturer is constantly updating when they find an improvement, rather then holding onto it for a year or so to make a big splash with a new version. On the other hand, I also welcome new versions. Onwards and upwards ...

• Like 1

My guess is that they will align the design of the Ultron with the other members of the Vintage line (1.5/50, 1.5/75). That would mean replacing the current black/silver version with two versions in either black or silver. I would welcome such a move! If so, then the 21mm Vintage lens probably will be replaced as well soon.

1 hour ago, Joachim_I said:

My guess is that they will align the design of the Ultron with the other members of the Vintage line (1.5/50, 1.5/75). That would mean replacing the current black/silver version with two versions in either black or silver. I would welcome such a move! If so, then the 21mm Vintage lens probably will be replaced as well soon.

It may seem petty, but the aesthetics of current black and chrome mix did put me off getting the 21mm.

• Like 1

Hi, I just discovered this interesting thread with excellent contributions, of which I read the pages from the first Lanthar shipment date on. I got mine on January 29. Up to now, 

I have made over 100 pics, trying it out. I do not test - this is done by professionals - I simply try my lenses and bodies out in the field.

I am just a humble hobby-photographer, Leica M user and owner since 1988. See you ... 🙂

3 minutes ago, UliWer said:

I fear you are in the wrong thread. This one is about a 35mm - which is only announced but not yet on the market.

Even marketing for Cosina-Voigtländer should care about its topics. 

Oh yes, I am sorry. I am, as I said, just a humble hobby photographer, and Newbie ... I shall try to find an 50 Lanthar thread.

Thank you very much!

3 hours ago, sutlore said:

The 35/2 APO Lanthar is interesting!

but the current Ultron 35/2 was just released a year ago or so, is that too soon to get updated? 😶

I feel VM/Cosina can be quite fickle with their lens lineup and direction. Not long before the 35mm f2 Ultron there was a new 35mm 1.7, but that was dropped too. I guess they can only run so many lines at once. The 35mm f2 Ultron might just be a cosmetic refresh though. 

Really waiting for a 28mm f2/1.4 by them. Should be interesting. 

Nokishita leaked the pricing and release date for two new Voigtlander lenses.

Voigtlander APO-LANTHAR 35mm f/2 ASPH
128,000 yen – $1223.09 USD

Voigtlander ULTRON Vintage Line 35mm F2 ASPH Type II VM
88,800 yen – $848.52 USD

The planned release date is April 2021 for the E-mount version of APO-LANTHAR, and March 2021 for the VM version and ULTRON of APO-LANTHAR.

Edited by padam
  • Thanks 1

That one I wouldn't expect, it uses the same hood and 49mm filter size as the 50mm APO-Lanthar, so it shouldn't be that different, it will cost almost the same as well. So it might have some finder blockage.
But if size is a bigger priority, that's what the Ultron is for - or maybe the upcoming Leica has the two things better balanced for a little more money :)

• Like 2